// thirty-five //

•There's Light on The Horizon•

••••••

••••••

Warning: mention of suicide

2 W E E K S L A T E R life seemed to shift back onto its normal axis. Sure, a lot of things were different, Polo was still in police custody as far as Reina knew, her heartbreak to see a boy she wanted to protect gone still evident, but at least the right thing was done.

Reina knew it was a good thing surely, because not even a few days later after Polo's arrest, Samuel reappeared alive and well, telling everyone he went to a rave and lost signal from world, saying he was drunk and that everything went out of control. Reina didn't buy this at all, knowing well it was nothing, but a ploy to get Carla to confess, in which he succeeded. Seemingly with Guzman's help, because Reina saw the two meet up accidentally when she took Maria to a hairdresser's so that the girl's hair could be shaven off.

Reina could still remember meeting Samuel's eyes, a boy's she thought had died for a while eyes, her guilt still so big despite having no more secrets. Samuel, on the other hand, could only nod at her, not blaming Reina despite needing to. The redhead hated pity and knew Samuel only saw her as a used little toy of Polo. It wasn't the truth - Reina defended Polo with every fiber of her body, she wanted the boy to live his life without pain, but in the end, Reina broke too. She realized she wasn't as strong as she imagined to be, thus Polo ending up in prison even if it wasn't her who confessed.

The Ojeda female thought Guzman knew she and Ander were both at fault, surely Samuel must have told the blond of his friends, who went behind his back. This was the only bad thing left in Reina's life besides Maria's sickness and she knew she could never be able to get rid of the guilt even if someday Guzman would forgive her.

Nevertheless, a few weeks passed and Reina was going back to school after the New Years'. It was a new year so Reina hoped she could start fresh, to rid of what haunted her for the past year - Marina's death, Ander's cheating, then Valerio's, of course, Polo too. No matter the fact that she tried to forget the blue eyed guy, he was still in her mind constantly. Sometimes she wondered how he was feeling, but again telling herself it was the right thing done. She hoped Polo thought so too. That maybe he was finally free of his guilt.

Reina was in her bedroom, sitting in front of her desk, looking at the sketches on the wall as she smiled, having started to sew again. Every single second that she had she sewed, remembering how much this hobby calmed her down. Reina and the girls were still living at Mateo's, but Susana had already found an apartment for them to move into. It was in the city, around simple people who didn't own five houses or cars, but what once scared Reina now excited her. She was ready to live around new faces, to have more freedom to do what she wanted.