// eleven //

•Badder, Cooler, Sadder•

••••••

••••••

I T W A S F I N A L L Y T H E W E E K E N D but instead of finding herself with Maria at the clinic, Reina took a different route. It wasn't like she'd spend time with her sister anyway since Maria was going through a series of new tests the clinic wanted to check if the hospital Alejandro was still suing and winning against didn't miss anything important.

Reina ended up in front of Nadia's shop, knowing damn well she could've met Omar there, but Reina had to stop letting herself feel horrible since life had to move on. She had bigger pains to deal with rather than seeing Ander's boyfriend.

The inside was empty so Reina braced herself, entering Nadia's family's cozy looking shop. She saw Nadia's mother by the casher, welcoming the redhead with a smile. "Hello," Iman greeted Reina, who smiled slightly before Nadia walked out of the backroom, stopping at the sight of Reina and walking over to her.

"Reina, hi, what a surprise," Nadia mused gently, causing Reina to smile and nod, Nadia's mother furrowing her eyebrows in surprise that the females were friends even if she had seen Reina before.

Reina glanced at Nadia to see her carry a backpack, leaving Reina to only furrow her eyebrows in confusion since it was clearly a free school day. "I know you're probably the smartest person I know, but it's Saturday, Nadia," Reina joked dryly, pointing at her backpack so the Shanaa girl sighed deeply, glancing at her mother, who was too busy counting.

"Let's just go out and we'll talk," Nadia gave Reina a knowing look, letting the redhead to realize that she didn't want to say in front of her mother.

This made Reina curious and a little uneasy at the same time since Nadia was never secretive, but she nodded her head. "Mom, I'm leaving, okay?" Nadia smiled, walking over to Iman and kissing her temple so the mother smiled, smiling at Reina too afterwards.

"Don't be gone too long, have fun, girls."

"Thank you, bye," Reina smiled politely, opened the door and soon the two girls were on the street, walking away from Nadia's shop.

The weather was hot even for autumn, leaving Reina to curse in her head at the long sleeves of her dress, but she couldn't complain, seeing Nadia have to wear her hijab in such conditions. "How are you feeling? And how's Maria?" Nadia questioned curiously as the two girls walked slowly, Reina still unaware of where Nadia was heading, but still going with her.

Reina met her friend's curious look, not knowing what to say rather than just that things still sucked. "Well, she's still intubated, but the doctors say soon they'll be able to take it off."

"That's good," Nadia smiled an assuring smile, causing Reina to try and feel better, but it was impossible since she still feared Salvador would ruin everything. If he called her parents to say she was going to therapy hell would break loose, especially from Alejandro. "How are your sessions, by the way? I keep meaning to ask but I forget."