// thirty-two //

A Battle Cry

••••••

••••••

T H E D A R K N E S S O F A F O R E S T raised Reina's already high anxiety levels, the swarm of trees leaving the redhead dizzy. She wasn't alone, though, a bunch of people have been gathered for another one of Samuel's search parties, Nadia and Omar staying close to Reina as they all flashed their lights around, hoping to find something that would help Samuel. Hopefully not his body.

Reina walked besides Nadia ever since deciding it would be best to come and help the police in search of Samuel, alone without the two guys she needed with her. Was it a smart idea? According to Polo, not really, but she really didn't want to take his side anymore, at least on this matter. Carla's words were still deeply depressing and eye opening, but Reina held hope, after all this time she still had hope that Samuel would turn out to be alright. He was a hard nut to crack. She hoped so. "Samuel!" a few different voices rang out, Omar's being the loudest as they all searched for the boy, who was still nowhere to be found.

"Samuel!" Reina exclaimed, but not as loudly as everyone else were being. She stopped when Nadia did, the latter holding a very worried look on her face. "Nadia, are you okay?"

Nadia could only nod her head, for some reason out of this world as she looked around the dark forest, huge yellow lights of police shining around them. Reina used to fear the deep dark forest, especially in the night, but with all those people she knew no monster would come and get her. Mainly because her biggest monster was already inside her. Samuel has gone missing and in Polo's words it was Carla's father. Carla said Samuel was dead and even then Reina had a difficult time believing it could actually be the truth. The bugging monster, sadly, was still there. "Everything is too weird," Nadia then commented, trying to ignore Reina's worried facial expression so Reina nodded her head slightly, feeling her hands shake.

"Everything will be okay, my friend," Reina whispered after a second of looking around, Samuel's name ringing throughout the search partiers.

Nadia glanced at her redhead friend once again, noticing the weirdness Reina was possessing, but it wasn't like all of them were clean and had nothing to hide. Reina, however, despite trying to hide her feelings sucked at it. "You're acting weird," Nadia mused, causing Reina to still shine her flashlight around, just so she'd be able to avoid Nadia's piercing gaze.

"Focus on the search, Nadia, we aren't here to gossip."

Reina wanted to walk again, but Nadia grabbed Reina's wrist and pulled her back, the redhead groaning and finally sparing her glare at Nadia. "It's nothing."