// one //

•These Days•

••••••

••••••

3 M O N T H S  before more misfortune could knock on Reina's already broken window Reina was truly at a lost point of her life. Days went by like it was a simulation, Reina glitching every time she'd leave the house and it wasn't like she went out much. 

The summer had been hell, not surprisingly. After Marina's death and Nano's arrest for her murder, Reina dropped everything she had built in her life - her relationships, friendships, family too. Being lonely was damning, but she continued her streak of trying to build a new self, which, sadly, went downhill after a few days into the summer.

Reina didn't build a new character as she had wished, she was stuck at the same loop of pain and guilt, hatred and numbness, which the alcohol still brought.

Yes, alcohol was still her only coping mechanism, which worked, and she thought she'd get better at her intake, but even if she was better, the alcohol would still make her too drunk.

And after ending up on her doorstep drunk and a few rumored articles about Alejandro Ojeda's golden daughter Reina soon gave up drinking out, but not that she feared her father. She simply grew tired of it and it wasn't like they had any relationship left besides Reina living under the same roof. Instead, she found comfort in Alejandro's stash of drinks.

The dad didn't tell her anything then, probably less angry she was drinking home instead of the public. It was a fucked up thing to allow your daughter die in this intoxicating mess, but Reina knew he was just giving her the wanted freedom.

After Marina's death, he hadn't changed so Reina wondered whether it would take her to die to change something in him.

The answer hurt Reina, but quite frankly, Alejandro was last on her burdened mind. The hardest thing was living away from Ander, a boy who she hadn't talked to since that eventful evening, a night that changed all of their lives forever. He was with Omar, Reina knew this much, but other than that knowing something about Ander would only drag her deeper and she was deep enough to sink.

Nevertheless, summer ended the same day Reina woke up from another nightmare, sweating and breathing heavily until she could grasp even shittier reality. The girl groaned from shooting head pain, again, hangover before looking at her phone's clock.

It was their day back to school, last year. The worst day Reina was dreading to come, but time did go even if it felt unreal. It wasn't the problem of passing days, it was the problem of seeing her old friends, all who changed just as much as her, she was sure.