// twenty-eight //

•Secrets, They Catch Up•

••••••

••••••

T H E S E T T I N G S U N only added to the beauty of the place Lu had booked for the charity event. She outdid herself again, creating this magical evening in a hotel's open balcony, creating an illusion one was walking in the sky. It played with clouds and sun, creating a soft pink color to hang above everyone's heads. For a second an entering Reina believed she was walking into paradise.

There were already a lot of people at the supposed fundraiser, editors, businessmen, photographers and just rich people, all ready to put their money up for a good cause. Reina continued to walk through the place, her parents a bit behind her, both quiet and smily, putting a good act again. Reina couldn't turn around without wanting to punch them both with her clutch so she instead led them, looking around for any familiar face.

Reina stopped, glancing around when she felt her parents stop behind her, Alejandro being quick to grumble. "Aren't you dressed a little inappropriately for a simple fundraiser?" he commented, but his tone sounded less judgmental than usual.

The redhead clenched her jaw, searching with her eyes for Ander so she could talk to him again, so she could explain why she said those things to the suffering guy. Reina hated how she felt, but she couldn't change the fact that she wanted to protect Polo. "Aren't you cold?" Susana added as Reina sighed deeply and continued to walk.

She wore a swimsuit kind of type black bodysuit, covered with a long black chiffon see through robe, which reached her legs. The material was decorated with black beaded flowers, creating a dramatic impact on her dress. She wrapped the long robe with a simple black belt, which accentuated her lean waist. She wore black high heel boots, accessorizing herself with earrings and dramatic rings.

Reina had her hair up in a ponytail, her make up dark just like she felt. She looked like she had stepped out of a dominatrix magazine, but the girl didn't care, not anymore. She wasn't cold at all, having no problem of walking around the evening without freezing. Her soul was burning anyway.

She continued to walk, her parents still guarding her as if she'd break and do something terrible. Reina wanted to dodge them, she thought they'd be busy talking to their friends but Alejandro seemed to want to stay by his daughter's side. He was acting weird lately, spending more time with Maria, but Reina didn't know if it was only another one of his schemes.

"Alejandro!" suddenly someone called after, leaving Reina's father to stop and face the caller of his name. Reina paused too, glancing behind her shoulder to see Polo's mothers approach Reina's parents, Polo trailing behind them as he landed his eyes on her.

Reina looked ahead of herself then, cursing slightly when Begona and Andrea stopped in front of Alejandro and Susana. "It's been ages," Begona exclaimed, kissing Alejandro's cheek then smiling at Susana gently, the mother trying her best to return this favor.