// ten //

•All The Pretty Girls•

••••••

••••••

I T  O N L Y  T O O K  A L E J A N D R O  half a day to transfer Maria from the hospital he was suing into a private clinic, where only people with money could get treated the most luxurious type of healing. The building looked like something Reina used to imagine heaven look like. The walls were white, floor and ceiling too, huge glass windows with a beautiful view outside.

Reina walked the halls, looking at the surrounding area, thinking Maria would love such landscape and the thought made the redhead frown. Maria couldn't see much, she was still hooked on a breathing machine since her pneumonia was harsher than imagined.

When Reina wanted to cry, she felt a hand slip into hers, giving her much craved support as she glanced at Nadia with a thankful look. The girl offered her a supportive smile, squeezing Reina's shaky hand. Rebeca walked on the other side of Reina, looking around the area with amazed eyes, the life of rich still surprising her even if she was part of it now. "Mom said it's ward 8," Reina then commented, leaving the girls to look around the numbers on the doors.

Reina noticed a boy walk past them, holding onto his mother, his body weak and pale, no hair on his head. The redhead wanted to gouge her eyes out, praying the God Maria would never have to reach this stage, but she had leukemia and would need to undergo chemo from what Reina had heard her parents discuss. "There it is," Rebeca cut Reina's thoughts off so Reina looked the way of the ward, seeing Alejandro in the hallway as he argued with Mateo.

All three girls stopped at the sight, seeing Mateo point his finger at Reina's father. "Instead of sparing Maria from more trouble, you decide to go even more public and sue an entire hospital. You must be out of your mind," Mateo exclaimed angrily, staring at the taller man, his son-in-law, whom he couldn't stand at all.

Reina sighed deeply, listening in as Nadia and Rebeca remained by her sides, being there for the broken girl. "They published your granddaughter's sickness like it was clipping a nail!" Alejandro answered, his usually cold demeanor vanished as he glared at the man.

The two men still seemed unaware of the girls, too immersed in their bickering. Reina wondered where Susana was. "You may be right, but for a man who's scared of articles, you sure do love creating more," Mateo snapped, brushing his hand through his hair as he sighed. "You should be thinking about creating a better environment for Maria and your other two daughters, but instead look at them all. One is sick, another has anger issues, and Reina's just broken. How can you not see it?"

Alejandro, who stood at the direction of the girls, noticed the three females before sighing, but Mateo was still unaware, his back turned to them. "Drop the charges and focus on being a dad for once. Because now it seems like I have more love for those girls in my pinky than you in all of your huge body."