✨t r i g g e r e d✨

All before Bucky gets programmed as the winter soldier. I think we only ever knew about one of Bucky's younger siblings in canon so here's me making up another one. Don't sue me if we knew about all of them and this is very wrong lol. I actually really like this chapter so hope you guys do too!

Also damn 500 reads already? No way thank you so much!

'Longing'

He glanced down at the small, sleeping boy. He'd do anything to be with him, to be able to hold him and touch him and kiss him like everyone else could do with the people they loved. But the world didn't like that. He was sick, apparently. But surely this couldn't be an illness? Illnesses cause pain, discomfort, and while he felt pain, it was a nice kind.

Something that feels so good can't be a disease.

Whatever he thought, it still didn't change the world. The sick boy never be more than his best friend. He secretly loved every time it was a cold winter night and they had to sleep tangled up in each other for warmth. He hated when the boy was sick, but secretly loved being able to hold him in his arms to treat him of whatever particular disease had invaded his body this time.

The longing for the small boy took up his entire being.

'Rusted'

The door opened, clanging loud enough to wake him of his slumber. A tall man stood in the opening, giving him a look that was almost pity.

'Dr Zola wishes to see you again.'

This was the third time. Dr Zola had wanted a guinea pig for his experiments, and the guards had chosen Bucky for him. The torture was not... traditional. He had been injected with different things, things that made him stronger for a little while before wearing off. Zola had freaked out and kick over his equipment the day before when he had come back and the extra strength had disappeared.

Every time, when he returned back to his cell, his identity stripped to name, rank, serial number, the only thing between him and freedom was the old rusted door that clanged open every morning.

'Daybreak'

The sun rise was slow and beautiful. His jacket was splattered with blood, but that was forgotten for the minutes he watched the sun. It rose above the horizon, staining the sky bright blue and orange. Closing his eyes, he breathed in and out, savouring the moment. The light poured over him, spreading into the site where everyone else was eating breakfast.

'Barnes! Are you deaf? Breakfast, then training! Hurry up!' The old commander barked at him.

He nodded, opening his eyes and trudging miserable back to the tables. Everyone who had looked over gave him funny looks. These were the boys that believed fighting was their one thing, and never stopped to appreciate the beauty of something as simple as the daybreak.

Sometimes they would wake him up earlier than usual, and he would have to train and fight during the only part of the day he truly enjoyed. The beauty of the daybreak would be lost in sweat and blood.

'Seventeen'

Punches flew from all angles, threatening to concuss the small boy on the receiving end. Bucky tried to fight off the other boys, but it was 2- well, 1 and a half, pretty much- against 4.

He finally managed to kick the last boy away, and he quickly turned to Steve. 'Steve? Are you ok? Please tell me they didn't get you too bad!'

The smaller boy looked up at him, wincing in pain yet somehow still grinning. 'I'm fine, Buck.' His eye was swollen and black, his mouth bloody, his body grazed, yet he still smiled and assured his friend.