Tony the arms dealer

Post civil war. Sorry guys a little angsty but I'm a sucker for that so.

I'm literally so sorry for the title

Steve's hands scratched at the metal arm holding his throat. 'Buck.' He croaked. 'Please, let go. It's me, Steve. This isn't you.'

Bucky's metal hand tightened. 'I don't think you understand. I never finished my mission.'

Bucky woke up, gasping for air as if he had been the one choking. He frantically brushed his damp hair out of his eyes and turned next to him. Steve. His Steve. He was here.

Steve opened his eyes and saw Bucky about to go into a full blown panic attack. 'Oh god.' Bucky had been having nightmares almost every night since they moved in together. Well, he imagined it had been happening since a long time before, but he only witnessed them now. He moved closer and held him tight, whispering words of comfort in his ear. ' 's ok, Buck. I'm here. Whatever you saw wasn't real. I'm here.'

Once Bucky was calm enough, Steve pulled away a little. 'You want to tell me what it was about?'

Bucky shook his head. 'Same as before. I need to get rid of this arm. It's half the problem. While I have it, I can't help but feel that HYDRA still has control over me.'

Steve nodded and stroked Bucky's hair. 'I understand. I bet Tony will make you a new arm. Completely free from other control, and arm that's just your own.'

Bucky gave a lazy thumbs up to Steve, who chuckled and kissed him. 'I promise you, I will do whatever it takes to make you feel happy and safe.'

They lay back down, Bucky as close to Steve as he could get. He tried to sleep, but every time his eyes closed he saw a new horror. Steve in his place, falling from the train. Steve being a HYDRA agent. Steve dying. Him killing Steve. His brain had an endless amount of nightmares ready for him, it was just waiting for him to succumb and sleep.

He couldn't do it. Once he was sure that Steve was asleep again, he got out of the bed and walked down to the lab where he knew that Tony was, despite it being past midnight.

'Hey, winter.' Tony muttered from over at a table. 'Got something in that noggin of yours that needs fixing? Cause I used the rest of that, uh, medicine last night.'

Bucky sat down on top of a bench. 'I don't want your drugs, Tony. I need a new arm.'

Tony glanced up at him. 'Well, I suppose I can do that. Add some more flexibility. Weaponise it, maybe-'

Bucky shook his head, the idea terrifying him. 'No weapons. Just an arm. That only I control. I can't keep this piece of HYDRA on me.'

Tony paused for a moment before nodding. 'Ok. I'll get T'challa to send us some vibranium from over there. That should be the best to make it. Unless you want something that looks... normal?'

Bucky considered it for a moment. It would allow him less weird looks, and he supposed he wouldn't hate his reflection quite as much. But, the thing he hated about the arm was that it was HYDRAs, not that it was metal. The metal reminded him that he had fought in a war, he had been brave.

'I'll be fine with another metal arm, Tony. But, do you think you could take this thing off somehow tonight? I've tried to take it off before, and nothing works. But you have...science things. You could help me.'

Tony walked over to study the arm. ' T'challa gave me vibranium tools as a birthday present this year. Never wear down. They should do the trick.'