2. FIVE MONTHS

Jace
~•~

I miss her.

I miss her eyes, I miss her hair, I miss her attitude. I miss everything about her. I miss her witty remarks and the way her body felt against mine.

After we traced the telephone we found ourselves at a dead end as the phone booth he had called from was directly in front of 6 different roads. We couldn't decide which road he could've taken or if he had even taken any of the roads at all. So we landed ourselves at a dead end and I've been locked in my room for the past weeks? Months? Days? Hours?

I wouldn't know.

Valentina was my mate, and knowing she's still alive but in the arms of another killed me. It's not like she was with Xavier on purpose, but she was with him against her will and that is what scared me. I was meant to be her protector, and I've let a psycho get his hands on her.

My Valentina

~•~
Valentina

"It doesn't matter," I whispered to Xavier emotionlessly.

He knew he'd never get a reaction out of me. It's been months since my capture. He took me out of the dungeon a week after he captured me. He treated me like a queen, I hated him for it. I didn't fight him like I would have had I been in different circumstances. But I had a child to protect, and I wouldn't let Xavier harm me or my child.

He pampered me and told me how much he loved me. He knew I wouldn't have sex with him willingly so he didn't touch me, although we did sleep in the same room. I asked him on a whim if we could have separate beds since we weren't together and it was awkward and he agreed. I was shocked by his agreement but soon our routine came to be, I would watch and listen to him profess his love to me time and time again never giving him any hope of getting me to be his. I hated how kind he was with me. He had been at one point, my best friend, I never knew he harbored such an obsessive desire for me for so long. If I had I would have distanced myself from him long ago.

"Valentina please," he pleaded and I remained as stiff as before, not allowing any sort of emotion to get through to him,"its been 5 months! I know you're pregnant with his child and I want to give that child my surname."

"You can't Xavier. It's his child! You say you're completely and inevitably in love with me yet you don't give a shit about my happiness!" I couldn't hold in the pain of being so far from my mate.

The only reason I hadn't died and the bond hadn't broken was because of this baby. I loved this baby with all my heart and I just want to be with Jace right now. I miss his overbearing possessive nature and that beautiful cocky smirk. I miss every little flaw of his.

"I know I can make you happy Valentina. Just open up your heart to the possibilities,"he whispered.

I couldn't.

I wouldn't betray my mate in such a way. Jace and Xavier deserved someone better then me. I would not lead Xavier into believing we could live happily ever after, nor would I lead Jace into believing the same thing.

When I leave here, I will find myself a home. One in the human world where I wouldn't be singled out for being a rogue. Where no matter how much society judged me for being a single mother I would still continue.

"What happened to you?" I cried stepping away from the expensive table.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you used to be my BEST friend! We were inseparable and you had your mate! So how did you come to fall in love with me if your mate is out there?"

"I left her. After you were taken by Mason I went looking for you, I left my mate because I realized it was you I couldn't live without," he replied.

"But you can! Your mate can make you happy! How did you deny the bond?"

"I was able to break the bond, because me and my wolf were in agreement, that you were ours. If the wolf does not accept its mate, then the bond will break."

So that's why I wasn't able to break the bond with Jace. Because my wolf would never give up Jaces wolf.

"No. I will make it clear to you right now Xavier! I will never love you, I can't! You are like a brother to me, at least you used to be... You can keep me here, locked up, but rest assured I will never be happy, and I'll make damn sure you're never happy by my side!"

His body tensed and he froze, but I ran upstairs before he could reply.

He didn't come back until the morning to give me breakfast.