14. OLD FRIENDS

Valentina

"Jace please," I whispered, attempting to soothe my scared little brother.

"Please what Valentina?" He growled through clenched teeth, barely in control of himself,"you have another fucking child! You're my mate! Valentina I suggest-"

And I really wish I wasn't your god damn mate.

"You are my only sperm donor! This is my little brother god damn it!" I screamed, interrupting him before he could say anything he might regret.

Iris scoffed at me and the scowl on my face tightened. I don't need her snarky comments at the moment. Jace stopped shaking, his eyes showing the smallest hint of embarrassment. He cleared his throat and excused himself from the room. I didn't pay him much attention as I turned to look at Antonio.

His eyes shone with amusement as he stared at me.

"Don't even comment," I mumbled, blushing.

Knowing Antonio he had been about to make a funny remark about what had just transpired and usually his funny remarks were only funny to him.

"So that's your mate I presume," Antonio said, with the smallest hint of a smile.

"Sadly, yes."

Antonio chuckled and then stared at me in confusion,"So where have you been all these years Valentina? Mason has been gone for a long time, I'm sure you knew of this? Why didn't you return?"

"One question at a time please," I murmured with a small laugh,"I became a rogue, after I left. I became The Rogue actually-"

"The Rogue? My student became The Rogue?" I smiled at the proud gleam in his eyes.

"Yes Antonio and eventually I met my mate. We were sort of together for a while. I mean if you can count being together as being practically held hostage by him. And yeah, I did know he was gone. I'm the one who beat him until he could barely walk. And Jace finished the job or he had someone finish the job, I'm not clear on the details."

"You guys killed mason?" A look of utter shock appeared on Antonios face,"Damn you guys are like a match made in hell, no offense."

"I guess we are."

"And why didn't you return after Masons death?"

I cast my eyes to the floor in sadness," Xavier kidnapped me. And once I escaped I knew this would be the first place he'd look for me. So I couldn't come back."

"Valentina, I'm so sorry. But why are you here now?"

"Xavier needs help," I replied with tears in my eyes.

The confusion on Antonios face was almost funny,"he kidnapped you, why would you help him?"

"Because he wasn't in his right state of mind. He never hurt me, he's cursed Antonio and it's all my fault. I have to help him."

"Okay, let me get in contact with some of the witches from other packs and ask them about this curse," Antonio said, stroking his beard in thought.