19. CURED AND CAIN

Valentina

I never thought I'd be sitting at a table with an alpha and his pack warriors. Jack, Lindsey and I'm assuming her mate were the ones standing towards the front and closest to Jace. The only ones I knew personally anyway. Not personally enough... I spoke to Lindsey once and never spoke to her mate, my mates brother. As for Jack, well him I knew in a friendly brotherly way. But even him and I hadn't really had much of a chance to get to know each other.

Many of the women eyed me with distaste and I made sure to give them each a challenging glare until they looked away. Standing next to Lindsey was another woman. I noticed how she seemed to radiate warmth. Although when she'd look at me you could see the caution, the distrust. And who could blame her?

Im a rogue, we don't stay in one place for too long.

"I have called this meeting to present to you all your Luna," Jace stated with a beautiful smile, "she will not be helping me in leading the pack, as she does not want to be part of one. I ask you to respect that and to respect her. Disrespecting her is disrespecting me."

"And me," Jack said coming to stand next to Jace and I, offering his support.

"You're seriously going to allow this?" One of the women asked the lady who stood next to Lindsey.

"He's the alpha, it's his choice," she responded calmly.

"You're his sister," the woman growled and then turned to me, "you weaken him you know? A mate is supposed to support their mate, they're supposed to stand by their side not on the sidelines! I should've been Luna you obviously don't love-"

Before I could grab her by the throat, a blue orb landed on her head and then exploded covering her in water and literally turning her blue. I knew immediately who it had been and the others caught on soon enough as I turned to stare at Makayla.

Makayla who was seated on the counter swinging her feet without a care in the world while staring at her glass of water. Looking up and noticing our stares she glanced at the ceiling, "you must have a leaky roof," she mumbled, "might wanna get that fixed, she doesn't look like she's the right shade. Jealousy is an ugly color on everyone though, regardless of which color it actually is."

The now blue female snarled at Makayla, "witch," she growled baring her teeth while Makayla smiled, "you're just as much of an intruder as that-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I had her by the throat.

"No one touches Makayla," I growled noticing how others seemed to want to intervene on their packmates behalf, "as for you," I said turning to glare at the choking girl in my hand, "disrespect me again and I won't hesitate to show you why they called me The Rogue."

And then I let her go, holding her up in the air with my mind, almost effortlessly, "oh and I just learned I'm half witch, so I could literally kill you without laying a finger on you. Now I'm going to put you down and you have a choice as does everyone else. You submit or you leave. I won't kill you for not submitting, but I won't tolerate disrespect."

After setting her down, many kneeled and tilted their heads in submission. Including the blue female, Lindsey, her mate and Jack. The one left standing among two more was the lady who was closest to Lindsey.

"Angela," Jace said her name in such an intimate way it almost hurt.

Almost being a big fucking lie, it stung.

And then the name hit me, Angela was.. his sister?

"Im sorry Jace," she murmured, "I want you to be happy with your mate. But I won't submit to someone who will leave all of the responsibilities to you. As Luna this pack is hers now too, how can we trust a leader who doesn't trust us enough to actually join us?"