3. I'M FREE NOW

Jace
~•~
"You can't just lock yourself up here forever Jace," I glared up at the offending light that broke through the little piece of curtain.

"I already have locked myself up here forever Jack. I can't forget her but I don't know how to find her! Her memory haunts me Jack, just sitting here in this room brings back memories of when we first caught her. God she was wild, and then when she finally gave in, the same night she was taken away. We made love that night Jack! What do I do now!?"

"You find her! Let's go, it's been Nearly 7 months Jace you need to do something before it's too late!" I didn't want to hear his degrading words.

I was being a dick hiding while Valentina suffered.

"You're right Jack."

I stood then the feeling of despair nearly extinguished as I thought of ways to find her.

Soon Valentina, very soon you will be within my grasp once more.

~
Valentina
~•~
"He isn't coming for me iris," I whispered into the darkness of the room I was forced to sleep in.

"It's been 7 months! But you know what? I'm done! I'm done. I'm done being Xavier's little submissive, I'm leaving tonight Iris, like I should have the day he let me out of the dungeon."

I watched on in silence the way Xavier treated me like a princess throughout the rest of the day. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of pain for him, he truly did believe he was in love with me. Heck, maybe her was, but I could never return such feelings. My heart and body already belonged to another.

Jace.

Just thinking his name now makes my heart throb, Xavier was honestly the complete opposite of him. Jace was a jealous, hot, bi polar, possessive, and protective asshole. While Xavier is obsessive, controlling, sweet, and handsome, he's a complete gentleman while Jace... Well Jace is an asshole.

But for some reason I prefer that asshole over Xavier. I realize now that the mating bond didn't make me love Jace,it pushed me to be with him, but Jace was the one who made me fall in love. I could be Xavier's mate and I'd still choose Jace.

Every time.

Because no matter what I will choose him. It will always be him. It has always been him.

I inspected Xavier's sleeping form now in silence praying to god that one day he can meet someone, someone who will love him more then anything. Because in reality, Xavier is not a bad person, he just chose the wrong person to fall in love with. And I can't help but feel guilty, if I had never taken the time to get to know Xavier we wouldn't be in this mess. I still remember the first day we met and how reluctant he was in becoming friends.

Flashback
~
"Samantha, why are we even here?" I questioned my overly eager friend.

She just couldn't wait to meet her little packs royal prince. Her pack was in alliance with mine and honestly? I don't know why I let her drag me to meet some snobs. I'd much rather be at home drowning myself in brownie ice cream while I paint. Must I always be such a good friend?

"You know it is my dream to meet the packs prince! Every girl in the pack that has seen him swoon for weeks over how handsome and charming he is!"

"Handsome and charming?... Smells like bullshit but okay."

"Oh come on Valentina let's go get a table inside before they're all taken," she laughs pulling me towards the castle doors, but something else has already gotten my undivided attention.