8. SEX IS MEANINGFUL

Valentina

I didn't bother making small talk, simply making my way towards one of the unoccupied bedrooms of this place. I was turned, my back facing the door and my eyes surveying the clean room in front of me. I had found out about this place when I first got here. I'd heard about how people came here to have sex even though it was supposedly a night club and not a hotel.

I never fathomed the thought of me being in this position right now, but if this would permanently detach my soul from Jace's; than I will go through with it. My body began to tingle with need when the door opened behind me. I didn't want to see the face of the person I do this with. All I want is to get this done and over with so that I may move on with my life. So why was my body responding the same way my body used to respond to my mate. It wasn't natural and a part of me was left confused.

Suddenly my entire body was on fire as I felt the mans hands trail up the side of my dress. I shivered, goosebumps covering every part of my body that he touched. He gently lifted the hem of my dress, before gripping my thigh tightly in his hand. His calloused fingers slowly inched towards my panties as my breathing grew heavier. His hand had barely skimmed the top of my panties when I grabbed it and pulled away.

I sighed taking a seat on the bed with my head in my hands," I'm sorry, I just can't go through with this."

I felt the man put his arm around my shoulder and I smiled gratefully leaning into him. I had yet to look into the eyes of this man, too humiliated by what just happened. Who knows what this man must think of me right now.

"I just can't believe I was about to do that, sex was never something I used to just give away."

"Did you really think my wolf would allow you to just give up your body to someone else?" My eyes widened as I heard the man and looked him in the eyes for the first time since he had arrived.

"Jace," I gasped pulling away immediately.

Iris, why didn't you tell me it was him?

Because you need to stop running, she growled.

Jace stood, towering over my 5"1 frame making me feel smaller than I actually am. I let my canines extend warning him to stay back. He growled extending his larger canines and backing me up into the corner of the room.

"You will never be able to have sex with another person because your body belongs to me. You will never love another person because your heart is mine,"he growled louder grabbing my chin in his hand roughly pushing my head to the side and exposing my neck.

"You are mine,"he breathed, his hot breath on my exposed neck made me shiver with need.

My eyes shut and I screamed when his teeth sunk deep into my neck.

I woke up screaming, my eyes snapping open as I sat up in bed. I searched the room for Jace but only found my sheets piled up at the end of the bed. My body was drenched in sweat so I decided to open my window. I ended up sitting on the windowsill watching the sun rise. I thought about what actually happened last night.

I remember going to the bar and watching the women throw themselves at the men. The repulsion built up inside of me before I decided to just leave. Sooner or later Jace would find me, all I hope for is later rather than sooner. If he ever finds out about Jace Jr. I'm afraid he might try to take him from me. Pack law says that unless the father abuses the mother he is allowed to see his child. If a child is hidden from a mother/father by the other spouse it is considered a felony. And if the other spouse decides to press charges they will receive custody and the other shall be kicked out of the pack.

Then again I'm the rogue, pack law has never really applied to me.

~

"My name's Kennedy," the petite lady at the front desk told me with a smile.

I returned the smile,"my name's Amethyst," When ever I was out I made sure to use a different name, because Jace could have people anywhere in the area.

The minute they here the name Valentina I'm sure they'd all come running. It's not as if Jace would suspect of a girl named Amethyst, he doesn't even know when my birthday is. I doubt he knows the name of my birthstone or how much it means to me.

"Mr. Gavin will be right with you,"she said and gestured for me to take a seat in one of the chairs.

I sat still for a little bit, but the doctor was taking too long. After a while of waiting I stood up and began pacing in front of the chairs. What if this is a serious sickness? Shouldn't doctors be more cautious? I could be dying?

Then again if you were dying you'd have died hours ago, from waiting so long. Iris laughed in my head making me sigh.

Do you always have to joke about everything?

Im sorry if I find you hilarious, she giggled again before continuing, so our mate was pretty damn sexy in that dream last night. Are you sure you're not just going to waste the doctors time anyway? I think you're just sexually frustrated and I don't think anyone but Jace could help with that.

Yeah well I'm sure his pack sluts are keeping him entertained. Just like they did when we were kidnapped so stop joking about a mate that doesn't love us, I said snapping at her after that last comment.

The only reason I haven't had sex is because I can't go through with doing something like that. Not because of Jace but because I'm worth so much more than one drunken night of meaningless sex. I could feel Iris was hurt by what I had said, but she needs to stop kidding herself. If Jace loved us we wouldn't have been trapped by Xavier for so long. Imagine if Xavier had been anything like Mason. We would have been beaten and raped for months while Jace did absolutely nothing. And if he did try then it wouldn't have been enough and Jace Jr. Would have surely been killed by Xavier.

"Amethyst Kane," a tall man in a white doctors coat called out and I stopped pacing immediately to greet the man.

"Th-that's me," I managed to gasp out.

The doctor nodded ignoring me as he began writing something down for Kennedy. Kennedy on the other hand looked at me worriedly, her eyebrows raised and her eyes widened as she approached me.

"Are you okay Amethyst?" She said and I heard her clearly but I couldn't find the strength to answer.

"Doctor she's burning up."

Ignoring what Kennedy was saying I began making my way to the doctor. I had to still for a moment as the walls and the floor began moving. I didn't know if I was walking straight or not because the floor seemed to be moving as well. My vision was covered with black spots and I could hear Kennedy and the doctor calling my name. I tried to stay standing but I felt my body giving out and soon enough I was greeted with the cold hard floor. My eyes shut of their own accord as I slipped into the darkness that I had grown accustomed to being in.

A/N

💝Happy Mother's Day!💝

My dad took my mom out to eat and then I bought her flowers and a huge heart balloon. It's funny up until today I had no idea that orange roses existed and now that I do they will forever be my favorite type of roses.

What did you guys buy/make for your mothers today?