13. MY HOME?

Valentina

"Jace," I whispered to my sleeping mate.

His arms were wrapped tightly around me as if he were afraid I'd disappear. My heart aches as I realized that he had every right to think that. I didn't meet his eyes as he lifted his head to stare at me. We had arrived at the hotel just hours ago and now it was time to hit the road and visit the one place i never thought I'd see again.

I didn't even know what to call this place anymore. My home? No. A home is not the place where you were forced to live a nightmare. A home is not a place you flee from. I wonder how my parents are, did they miss me? My little brother is 6 years old now, the thought alone brought tears to my eyes. I was like his second mother and now I'm finally going to see him again.

God, I think I've missed him the most.

"Stop,"Jace whispered raising an arm to stroke my cheek, wiping away the stray tear,"I don't like seeing you in pain."

"Then look away," I hissed, like the bitch I want him to believe I am. Jace won't give up, as long as I'm me. As long as he believes that one day I could love him again. The only way to get him to give up for good is by making him hate me," you know what last night was right?"

He shook his head, his fists clenching tightly as his body began to shake. I tried not to make eye contact as I whispered," it was just sex. Don't think anything has changed. I'm not just magically in love with you, because of one night of passion. I'm sorry Jace, but fucking me won't make me give in like you think it will. Anyone can fuck me, it doesn't-"

A gasp escaped my body as Jace fisted my hair in his hand. He gently yanked my head back and forced me to look him in the eyes. My eyes widened in surprise at the blazing anger in his. Sure I have said many things like this before and he had gotten angry. But this time I see a hint of resignation.

He's finally starting to believe that what I'm saying is just the truth.

"You can say stupid things to piss me off all you want Valentina. But not once have you looked me in the eyes as you whisper these horrendous things. You would do anything to get me to let you go. But there's a reason we're mates," he whispered his lips touching mine lightly with each word," we're both stubborn. Hard  as you try to push me away, I will try just as hard to pull you closer."

With that he released me and stood up; entirely nude. I gawked at his backside as he walked off into the bathroom. Deciding against trying to escape I decided to order breakfast. My eyes searched the room for my undergarments and just as I finished putting them on someone knocked on the door,"room service!"

With a frustrated huff I picked up Jace's shirt and threw it on. It reached my knees so I didn't see the problem with answering the door in it. Once the door was open I greeted the cute green eyed guy who smiled at me. Not once looking at me in an indecent way.

What a gentleman.

"I'm sorry if my outfit makes you un Mmm uncomfortable, I-I just woke up," I stuttered nervously, when I realized that maybe opening the door in just a long shirt was not a good idea.

"It's okay, a lot of the guests tend to do that," he chuckled and continued," one time a lady opened the door in nothing but her undergarments. Her husband came up behind her naked and thanked me for bringing them their food."

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips at this,"I bet you get a lot of weird guests huh. I've actually never stayed in a hotel like this one."

"We do get a lot of odd guests. And I guess it's not your usual royal hotel," he replied amusedly.

"Oh no I meant I've never stayed in a hotel where the workers were actually nice. Not that the workers in other hotels are rude, they're just very stiff and maybe a little too polite," I whispered, giggling.