10. LUST AND ANGER

Valentina

"She has a child Jack! A fucking child!"

I covered Jace Jr's ears and told him to go into the bathroom and brush his teeth. Jace had forced me to wake up Jace Jr. And get him in the car with me. Or he'd drag me into the car and probably terrify my child by kidnapping us. At least this way Jace Jr. thought we were just going on a trip with an old friend of mine. I on the other hand was seriously terrified.

What if he tries to take my child?

"He's not going to do that," I jumped, standing to face Jack who was leaning back against the now open door of the room.

"Stay out of my head Jack."

He smiled at me almost hesitantly, before the smile was wiped off of his face and with little to no hesitation he pulled me into his arms. I had actually missed Jack, in the little time that I spent with him I trusted him more than my own mate. Breathing in his scent again was refreshing.

"I never stopped looking for you," he whispered holding me tighter.

"This is all so bizarre," I whispered back smiling in to his chest,"I still remember the day you handcuffed me to yourself,"I felt his body shaking with laughter,"and I kept tugging on the handcuffs just to piss you off."

"I still don't understand how the handcuffs didn't hurt you."

My smile faded as he let me go and I sat down, patting the space next to me," after everything that's happened to me, I've grown accustomed to the pain. Physical pain stopped hurting me a long time ago."

"You've changed," he said quietly.

"I had to," I replied solemnly.

After a little bit of small talk, Jack left and I put Jace Jr. to sleep in the bed while I went off in search of Jace. I needed to know what he planned on doing to us.

"Jace?" I whispered quietly into the darkness of his room.

The door shut behind me, making me jump and gasp as I was pushed down against the bed. I knew immediately it was Jace, his scent and his body didn't change. Nonetheless, I fought against him afraid of him trying to mark me once again. The mate bond isn't broken, the mark has faded entirely but our wolves were still holding on. If I were to commit the crime of betraying my mate and mating with another, the bond would break entirely but I could never go through with that. So if he bit me and we had sex again I'd be entirely his. I wouldn't be able to run if we had sex. Sex seals the bond, so unless I were to be kidnapped I wouldn't be able to physically run if he were to claim me as his again.

"Don't you dare,"I growled at him, he was so close.

Every breath I exhaled, he inhaled and vice-versa. I fought hard against the need to kiss him. We can't do this, he didn't find me! I could've died in all that time that it took for him to find me. By the time he had found me, Jace Jr. was already walking. He missed out on our child's first steps and now all he cares about is claiming me once again.

"Why so hostile, love?" He whispered, his lips skimming my neck.

When he said this, I realized that he didn't want to have sex with me because he knows I don't want that. My body does but I don't. So the only way to get him to stop is for me to piss him off. I'll piss him off so much he'll have to leave the room, so he doesn't claim me by force.

"Because, love,"I whispered back, running my fingers through his hair,"I met this guy in that human state and I really liked him. He made me feel sooo good," he seemed to freeze above me,"I was surprised that a human could give me more pleasure than my own mate. But you weren't around and a girl does have her needs."