T W E N T Y - F O U R.

A year and six months

Was how long it took for the princess to finally admit her feelings for him. It was difficult, to say the least. He found out that she was one strong headed, fiesty and insultive lass. She was extremely hard to please and he was determined to win her over, at any cost. From his observations, Kadja was in fact a very considerate princess. Her conversations with the subjects, her actions towards them and the polite blush that stained her cheeks whenever she was talking to any of them was enough proof. Indeed she was as gentle as a snowflake.

Ryirl looked up at the beauty he could confidently call his. Her jet black hair blew wildly in the wind and her porcelain skin glistened under the sun. Never in his life would he get tired of seeing this beauty. She stared back at him with equal desire and leaned in to hug him warmly. On the middle finger of her right hand lay a fat gem stone that was  embedded in a gold ring. It shone and shimmered all different colours under the rays of the sun; the most expensive jewel in these parts, and her engagement ring.

Ryirl was proud that the gem wasn't bought with the King's riches nor his father's. Nay, he worked hard day and night, coming back home covered in grime and sweat just to save up enough money for it. The blossoming smile she rewarded him with after he presented her the ring was more than enough to make up for all his hardwork.

In a month's time, they would fully wed and she will be his. She had just passed the age of 124 and many young girls envied her.

In a month's time, he would take on partial responsibilities of the king. It was a difficult decision to make but the king insisted that if he must marry any of his daughters, he would become the king. The king was desperate for his blood and powers to run through the veins of the child he would call his grandchild. At first, Ryirl shot down the absurd demand of the king but the more time he spent with Kadja, the more his resolve shook and quivered. Alas, he accepted the offer and ever since then, Luciana had been bitter towards them. His heart thumped in fear every time he caught her eyeing them angrily from a distance. It was just a hunch, but Ryirl knew deep down in his gut that Lucy had something planned in that evil head of hers. He wasn't sure he could pin the blame on her though.

Since her birth, she had gone through several trainings on etiquette, manners, persuasion and conversation techniques. All her life was spent preparing to be the great queen her father so desperately wanted her to be. Everyone had been extra harsh on her because she needed to be perfect. Even though he hated to admit it, she had done a great deal for the sake of the kingdom, travelling far and wide to strengthen relations and gain allies. Her father threw all that away because of him, and Ryirl felt guilty about it. Anyone in her shoes would be bitter.

"Lucy is seeing someone" Kadja's soft voice broke him out of his thoughts and he gazed into her purple orbs.

"That's good for her. I was beginning to feel guilty but I know if she has somebody by her side, it'll lessen the blow" Ryirl said sincerely. He was also talking to himself, convincing himself that she'll get over it soon.

"I followed her" Kadja continued, ignoring his statement and he noticed the fear in her eyes.

"I wanted to tell you but I must've forgotten. She's not with good company"

"You're younger than her. I'm pretty sure Lucy knows how to choose her friends well. You worry too much darling"

"I'm serious. She goes at night and comes back some wee hours later. There's a portal in the back of the field where she passes. I was too scared to follow her through it so I waited behind the bushes till she got back"