C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

A BLUE - GREEN tint shone through the sunlight while frozen waterfalls bore a hint of the rust orange hue. The wind blew wildly around me, whispering in my pointed ears, playing with the fray threads on my white top, ruffling my golden hair and I felt it as one. The wind played with me, whistling and delicate yet strong.

Kellyn stood beside me, looking straight ahead. Her face was drawn in a frown and her heart galloped wildly in her ribcage. Her actions seemed strained these days and I noticed it was because we would meet our mother in just seven days. Something within me jumped excitedly at the thought. As we grew closer to the Fae, I began to ease more into my form and abilities. I felt more at home and it was easier to call my magic at anytime.

I looked at my sister in her partial awakened form. Her aristocratic features were pale and her eyes were warm spring. She seemed lighter on her feet too, moving faster than my eyes could follow. Her fingers were extended claws and the colour of her billowing hair matched mine. However, she was graceful in every way. I don't know how, with her features she should seem dreadful but that wasn't the case.

She had a certain allure to her, her eyes were relaxed, calm, inviting. Even her claws were intricately shaped. The slope inviting but very dangerous. It was sharper than any sword. Kellyn had always been the bad ass twin, the aggressive one, and her abilities suited her to the core. While I was a lover of peace, gentle as the breeze and determined when I wanted to.

"I kind of miss Florida you know? I miss the days we spent watching your stupid anime and most of all I miss Ash. She was my best friend and we just left without a trace. She  must think we're dead. Maybe ignorance is bliss after all"

Her soft voice fell over me like a hush and a gnawing feeling tore through my chest. This was only the beginning and we already felt like this.

"It will be fine." I assured my sister, my voice wavering and unsure. She must have heard it too because her frown deepened but she said nothing. Dammit! I needed Kellyn to stay noisy and silly for my own sanity. Her silence was beginning to unnerve me.

I'm the silent one! There can't be two silent people in a group. Can't she see that?

Drawn into a realm to stand at the war front and protect our people - the people we don't even know. It was the thought of a coward but I deeply wished we were back on earth.

"You foolish girl!" Chirrietta hissed in my ear and my back straitened. Her voice was calm and raspy but she said it with such anger that I flinched

Chirrietta was the wind. She had no face or form, she was simply the wind. Raging, calm, unpredictable, dangerous. Since I learnt of my calling to wind, she revealed herself to me. She was like an invisible person, following me around, sometimes she stayed dormant only swishing a few times other times, she seemed wild, blasting me playfully from all corners. I no longer feared heights. Chirrietta was mine to own and control and she couldn't bend against my will. If I so wished to soar, I would.

"Do not think like that master! Your purpose is of great importance to us here" she cooed and I relished the feeling of her around me.

"I want to see something" my sister broke my thoughts and her ear twitched. "Have you heard of Charles since we set sail?" She asked and I shook my head no now thinking about it.

" I want to see him for myself. His screams tortured me yesterday night. I don't know where he is though. Think your little pet can help?" My sister asked and Chirrietta sent a gush of wind towards Kellyn who fell back from the impact.

"She says she's no pet" I quirked a brow at my cursing sister in amusement.

"Oh please, you still can't lift a brow properly? You look drunk sister" Kellyn mocked and I snarled at her playfully. This was the Kellyn I missed.