C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

"WHAT IS THIS?" I screeched apprehensively standing abruptly. The dining hall fell silent and Elvi's movements paused. My mom's eyes narrowed into slits and one of her perfect  eyebrows arched upwards in question.

"Isn't this too fast?" Kellyn grumbled from the other side of the table and all attention drew to her. "I feel like too much emphasis is placed on Kira and it's beginning to annoy me. Hello, we're twins!" She chided and a gaping hole grew in my chest.

Was this the reason she seemed so distant lately?

"Well when I'm ready to get married, I'd do it with someone I love" I said and Elvi stood straight glowering at me.

"I thought this was a welcome party of sorts" Raekav butted in and Calvin subtly agreed with her.

"And who is it that you love dear daughter?" My mom said looking at me. A fake smile covered her lips and she had a scary look in her eyes.

Taking into consideration what Corey said to me earlier, I chose my next words carefully, careful not to spare a glance at Corey.

"My only concern right now is the war." I replied and watched as some seconds passed in silence. The tension was unbearable.

"Of course, of course. Then this union shall hold immediately after the...issues on ground are resolved" She smiled at me and Elvi walked out of the dining hall.

The food was served shortly after and everyone ate in silence. I ate very little because of my obvious inability to correctly use fork and knives. My palms were clammy and I fumbled with the cutleries. It was painful that even Raekav was pretty good at using those. A blind girl!

"What a shame" Yasmin whispered into my ear and I snarled at her. Calvin gave a glare for startling him and I shyly looked at my food again.

"I  wish to retire to my chambers now" my voice came out stronger than expected and I gave myself a mental pat on the back.

"You do realize you need to add on a bit more flesh don't you? You look sickly thin" My mother hinted and  anger flared up within me.

Chirrietta went out of control and a gust of wind blew past her. It ruffled her neatly arranged hair and I had to stop myself from laughing out. Kellyn however didn't and her cackles filled the hall.

"You may leave now" my mother said softly before excusing herself.

"Escort her back to her chambers Liv" Sie hinted

"Yes mother" Cal replied standing up and walking over to where I stood.

I should've suspected they were probably related in some way although they shared nothing in common. Weird.

The walk back to the room was quiet and boring. Just before I got to the door of my room room, Cal held the handle and opened it respectfully. I mentally applauded his perfect bow and  expensive suit. Everyone seemed so uptight here.

"Corey sent a message to you. He said to tell you you look exquisite tonight" Cal whispered and I couldn't help the violent blush that painted my cheeks.

"Well isn't that cute" Yasmin said in a sweet voice. I almost forgot she was still perched on my shoulder.

"W-will she tell anyone of this?" He stuttered.

"Yas has sworn her loyalty to me as you did to Corey. All is well." I assured him. "Please do tell Corey he didn't look bad either" I watched at Cal nodded, walking off and I entered my room immediately.

"Really? Of all things to tell a guy you chose that? Did nobody teach you how to compliment?" Yasmin attacked me as soon as we stepped into the room and I rolled my eyes at her.