C H A P T E R O N E

IT ALL HAPPENED in a flash. One minute, my plate filled with white fluffy pancakes was neatly set on the counter, and the next minute Kellyn had already gobbled down five. I could've sworn I looked away for just a few seconds! She didn't seem to mind though, she happily scarfed them down. At this point I was literally and physically scared of the monster she had become. The food monster who also happened to be my twin sister.

Oh the horror!

"Why thank you Kira" Kellyn said chirpily as she sauntered to the sitting room leaving me angry and disappointed. Angry at her for being so lazy and disappointed at myself for not contemplating her action sooner.

"Why do I get to do all the cooking when you obviously do majority of the eating?" I asked angrily. Blue-ish grey eyes Identical to mine glanced up at me almost immediately and I cringed in advance for the cringe worthy response I knew she would definitely retort.

"Maybe because I do all the shopping. Did you think of that smartass?" A cocky smile was plastered on her face immediately after she said her stupid comeback. In her head, she probably thought she could win an award for the best come back of the year. That's just how dumb Kellyn actually was.

"Hey! I am not dumb"

Hope Kellyn. Hope.

"Okay fine I'm sorry. Just make more pancakes and come join me in the sitting room"

I sighed and prepared the ingredients needed to make more pancakes for my sister and I. I knew all too well that Kellyn would rather die than cook with those hands.

You see, unlike every other normal person, Kellyn and I were quite different. We developed mysterious powers at the age of nine back when Mrs hale, the closest thing we had to a motherly figure was still alive. I remember her telling us not to tell anyone about these powers. To be very careful with the things we say to people and most importantly, she said and I quote " Don't ever get a tan". Of course she laughed off her last instruction, clutching her stomach tightly before releasing a croaky " I was just kidding"

Of course my sister toppled over with laughter after the scene but even up until now, I still don't understand what was so funny.

Sadly, Mrs hale died of cancer when we were thirteen and she was probably the only person who knew how we came to existence. We still didn't know where we actually came from or where our parents lived but we knew that certainly, Mrs hale wasn't our mother. Most times she seemed quite lonely staring afar off, lost in her own thoughts.

Fortunately, she left behind her medium sized house for us which is where we still live, working and fending for our needs. It wasn't that bad because sometimes we would have excess which would definitely go to the purchase of bags, shoes, clothing and even curtains when we were lucky. Sometimes I felt really eager to know what the future had in store for us.

So while Kellyn could freely get into people's head and read their thoughts,which she ultimately used to her advantage, I on the other hand could control the weather. We learnt after some time that the weather changes in accordance to my mood which is the major reason i worked in a weather forecast group where i was always rewarded for my good and accurate results. But Hey, I am basically the weather so my results are always accurate. However the downside is that when i say its going to be a sunny day,

It must be a sunny day

And you don't know how difficult that is when you lived with someone like Kellyn!

Personally I feel Kellyn should be jailed for the things she makes me go through daily. So while other people complained that Shipman, a small town on the outskirts of Florida, had way more rainy days than sunny, my sister and I knew it was majorly my fault. In my defence, my sister lives to annoy me.