T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Albkima.

An ancient species of magical creatures who were the most powerful of all. Speed, agility, excellent swordmanship, control over numerous elements and of course perfect wielders of ice. An element that was far extinct in present times. They rivaled the gods.

Silver blond hair past waist level, eyes of the deepest shade of blue, sharp jawline, well carved cheek bones and a straight pointed nose.

"Ryirl! Come fast,father awaits your presence in the court yard"

It was his sister, a spitting image of his father, the king's advisor. She had brown curls, grey eyes and a plump figure. They looked nothing alike.

"Yes,yes sister. Take me to him" he followed quietly behind her looking at her ridiculous walking style. His sister and the princess had been best friends for a long time and each day, he watched his sister strive to act like a princess; copying her walking styles and faking her accent. It was simply ridiculous.

Alas he got to where his father stood and his sister, Rya, waved a goodbye to him. His father was a tall man, easily over six feet. He was wise and calculating, thinking all his actions through a hundred times before going on with them.

"Son, I have a proposal for you. Now I know you are more inclined towards the battle field and never pass up on the opportunity to show your unrivaled skills to everyone and everyone who cares to watch," he stopped shortly looking at his grinning son.

What his father said was very, very true.

"But the king wants you to settle down with his daughter. You're one of the most respected men in the kingdom,brave,strong and wise. You deserve it"

Ryirl almost choked on his spit. Marry?

"W-which of them?" He absently asked.

"But of course Lucy! His first daughter"

The name sent a wave of hatred through him. He disdained that princess. He had heard tales of her pride and the ill way she treated her subjects.

"No! I do not wish to" he shook his head strongly and his father sighed.

"I saw this coming. Dress well and prepare to make a visit to the palace to politely decline the offer"

His father was one of the most understanding people ever. He never questioned, he just supported. He gave his father a hug before going inside the grand house to prepare his things.
...

Ryirl had never seen the palace up close and now that he got the opportunity to, he was completely at a loss for words. It went on for acres of land and there was celebration everywhere. Everyone was busy with one thing or another, bustling here and there. There were pointless chatters, laughter and guffaws, dancing and jubilations.

"What goes on around here? Is everyone always this happy?" He asked a by passer.

"Haven't ye heard? Today happens ter be the birthday of the youngest princess. Many say she is as beautiful as a goddess and as gentle as the snow flake. But the lassie never comes out of the palace walls. We celebrate for her and hope to get a glance of her pretty face. Interesting eh?"

"Aye. That it is indeed"

Ryirl thought back to this morning. He remembered his sister wearing the best attire she possessed and putting some items in the carriage. He figured she came to the palace.