C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-T W O

THINGS WERE NOT going well on their end. The attack came like a sudden explosion, racking the palace walls and putting everyone in it in a state of chaos and confusion. Normally, the attackers shouldn't be able to get in considering there was a protective spell on each if the realms. Now thinking of it, they had entered freely into Corey's palace as well and it was odd. There was definitely an inside worker. A betrayer.

Like a flashing thought,Charles existence came to Calvin's mind. Charles was still in the dungeons! But Calvin reasoned he couldn't possibly have mind linked Luciana or anyone because a few days after their arrival in Fae, the crew men alerted him that Charles had gone delirious in the cells. Screaming and spitting curses at no one in particular. A few days later,he passed.

However his daughter was still alive, his heir apparent and Calvin was certain he had passed on some things to her. It was obvious she wanted revenge.

The creatures came in hundreds if not thousands, swarming the palace and covering the whole place with a thick black cloud. It was quite saddening to know they had made a new enemy,a quite powerful lass. She was under the protection of Luciana for a huge price. Her soul.

She had sold her soul to Luciana in exchange for the dark magic and suffocating aura. The dark monsters that caused chaos were huge and surprisingly very agile. However, they dissipated with the slightest pierce to any part of the body. Luciana's magic was much stronger than this due to years of practice and determination...with a sprinkle of evil.

Calvin calculated that if they left this lass grow into a teenager, she would cause a lot of problems. Dark magic wasn't easy at all.

A scream broke his train of thoughts and drew his attention towards Kadja. His heart dropped, they were capturing her. His magic was powerless against dark magic.

Corey was nowhere to be found, Kira passed out, Kellyn and Cal desperately fighting as well as the trolls and Fae. The worst part was that nobody knew Luciana's base, nobody could tell where she was.

The beasts kept trooping in at a faster rate and Calvin headed towards where kadja was swarmed by the monsters. The ones surrounding her looked stronger and had a little resemblance to lissers.  Luciana sent these ones personally to capture her rebel sister.

"No don't come any closer! They'll kill you and you'll die sooner than i expected. I can't let you die again" age said desperately, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Again? What are you even saying?" He asked perplexed.

"Call the queen. She's strong enough. Go!" She hurried and Calvin ran up the spiral of steps leading to the queen's chambers. She should know about the current situation shouldn't she?

As he got to her chambers, he knocked shakily on her door and after a while she opened it. For the first time, the queen didn't look so perfect. She had bags under her delicate eyes and her shoulders sagged. Her hair was packed in a messy bun and her face looked dull. She really was sick.

"Mother-"

"I was thinking you'd never call me that again. I thought you were angry at me for not letting you know sooner that you're my son"

"That slipped out accidentally" Calvin's jaw ticked and he looked away from her "You rejected me, you're not my mother"

She threw back her head and a sonorous laughter flew from her lips.