Chapter 32

Advice

Hearing those words from my cousin irked me. Why? Because it's not fair for Stephen and me—especially him because he didn't hurt nor harm me. Clearly, Marsan was the one who hurt me and not him! If Rouge only knew that Stephen was my only escape. He's the escape that I wish I knew from the very beginning. He can make me happy and he would, definitely, never hurt me. Yet, Rouge and Dad are against him.

Nagpupumiglas ako kay Marsan. I wanted to get away from his arms.  Aubrey started tugging Marsan's shirt. Maybe, she sensed that I was miserably looking at Stephen. He let go of me immediately and attend to his girlfriend's need.

Nakakapagselos, oo. Pero hindi na yun ang mahalaga.

"Why?" He asks softly to his girlfriend.

"Just let her go to Stephen." She says with seraphic voice and smiling brightly at him.

Nakita kong umigting ang panga niya at tumingin sa akin ng matalim. But when he look at her, he smiles and whispers but naririnig ko naman, "Okay. If you say so." He agrees agad.

My heart aches more hearing them whispering sweet nothings to each other. But instead of kneading my own wound more, I run to Stephen and help him stand up. We face Rouge who still is fumingly mad.

"Remember this Stephen! From now on, hindi ka na makakalapit pa sa pinsan ko because if you do ay hindi lang yan ang aabutin mo. At hindi na rin ikaw ang distant guard niya." His words struck my heart, nasasanay na nga ako sa presensiya ni Stephen tapos ganito pa ang nangyari. Hindi ko tuloy maiwasang sisihin ang sarili ko. It's my fault because I kiss him.

Rouge pulls me away from Stephen at mahigpit na hinawakan ako. Agad namang nilapitan ni Sandra si Stephen but he raised his hand at her, shooing her like a dog.

"I really like her, Rouge. And believe me, I will not do anything that will hurt her. Just please let me stay with her." Emosyonal na nagmakaawa si Stephen kay Rouge and I felt his sincerity.

"Hindi na magbabago ang isip ko, Stephen." Mariing tanggi ng pinsan ko.

"He's not hurting me!" I finally got the nerve to speak

"What he did was wrong! He broke the rules of your father! And he promised to Uncle he will not touch you or kiss you."

"He did not touch me Rouge. I-I I initiated the kiss," I confess bravely.

"Merde! Rule is rule, Française Ruelle Marseille!"

Everyone must be looking at me angrily while they look at Stephen with sympathy.

Sandra approach me and glares at me.
"Malandi ka! You whore!" She raise her hand on me, isang saglit na lang ng akma niya akong sasampalin nang saluhin iyon ni Stephen at hinawakan siya ng mahigpit.

"You don't hurt the girl I'm inlove with. You don't say bad things about her. Leave! Before I could do worse to you."

Inawat naman nila Laura at Clara si Sandra kaya ngayon ay hinarap uli ni Stephen ang pinsan ko.

"Whatever you do won't change my mind." Rouge said coldly.

"I'll prove myself to you that I am worthy for her." Humarap naman siya sa akin at tumitig ng malalim. "Wait for me my Française."

It was just one day in Tagaytay but it was already tiring. I seat under the tree here in our school yard and my mind instantly wanders.

Naramdaman ko ang pagtabi ng isang lalaki sa tabi ko. Paglingon ko ay si Jonel iyon, he's looking at me with concern.