Chapter 13

A Slap

I entirely focus on our training, yet Stephen that hen! He is practically watching me from time to time. Hindi na nga niya mahawakan ang kickpad, mukha niya tuloy ang nasisipa. However, nakukuha niya pa ring ngumiti sa akin.

Jonel is my holder, hindi mapagkakailang best friends sila ni Marsan. They are both too serious and quiet. Ginawa namin ang routine hanggang sa matapos.

"Aray." Maarteng pagpapansin ng isa sa mga kasama ni Laura. Masamang tingin ang iginawad niya sa akin.

"You okay?" Dinig kong may pagkamalanding tanong ni Stephen.

"Yes. Beb. It's not like kasalanan mo kung bakit hindi ko naabot ang kickpad eh. But on the other hand, siguro kasalanan niya. She keeps on staring at you kasi kanina pa."

They both laugh to their contentment. Coach dismissed our training quickly,  there's an emergency daw kaya umalis na siya but before that he announced yung laban namin sa Baguio na dalawang linggo na lang. I walk towards the gym's locker room and I saw her na hila hila si Stephen papunta sa locker room kung saan nasa kabilang gilid ako ng locker katabi ng isa pang doorway.

"Stephen, you know it is the first time na makausap ka diba? And you also know I am one of the girls who likes you. I don't wanna waste this opportunity. Step—"

"You know you can't date your teammates. That's a strict rule in TKD."

"But I just wanna—kahit flirt?!" I hear her say desperately. She even tiptoed and try to kiss him but Stephen has really a good reflex, iniwas niya ang mukha niya without getting her hurt.

"Do I look like I am going to flirt with you? You. You're disgusting." Panduduro niya kay Sandra yata ang pangalan. I didn't know Stephen has this side,  a cruel guy to a girl who likes him. Somehow naawa ako kay Sandra.

Nang mapansing napatulala si Sandra ay agad na umalis si Stephen. He walks towards me and he is suprisingly not shock to see me here while looking at me purposely.

"I told you. I may not seem to be real but I am serious."

I heavy hand lands on my  left cheek, I blink my eyes only to see her standing in front of me with a bloodshot eyes. She looks desperately sad, depress and all the negative words that you can describe on her will fits her.

"I bet you're the reason as to why he rejected me. It's not true right? That there is a strict rule?"

"Why are you asking me that question? You should know that to yourself his real reason. But for your peace of mind. I. Am. Not. The. Reason."

Umalis ako sa harapan niya at binuksan ko ang aking locker. Kinuha ko doon ang ang aking black bag.

"Come on. Don't lie to me. I know isa ka sa mga desperadang likers ni beb Stephen."

"Are you telling that to me or to yourself?" I ask her as I change my t-shirt. I face the mirror and look at myself. Her hands gave a red mark on my face. I open my bag and get the purse inside it at kinuha doon ang polbo. I am trying to conceal it with using powder.

Walang anu-anong lumapit siya sa akin at hinigit ang nakatali kong buhok. I got a slap and a sabunot for the first time in my life. Didn't know na masakit pala ang masabunutan at masampal.

Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya and try to shoo her hands away from my hair. Pero lalo lang tumindi ang pagkakahawak niya. Kitang kitang sa salamin ang nag-uumapaw niyang galit sa akin. Her face is angrily red.

"Ang yabang mong babae ka. Wala ka naman palang kaya sa away babae."

I am about to kick her when Laura and her other sidekick came.