Chapter 16

Blue Eyes

Roxan happened, and everytime I would meet her eyes in our class I look away because she reminds me of him. Those cold oceanic eyes are lingering and paining my heart, and I thought I was already okay. But when her blue eyes strike, nightmares also does.

"Ms. Marseille," she yells as she ran towards me. I quickly turn my back and sped her off.

But her pace is so fast, naabutan niya agad ako. She touch my shoulder, coldness creep into my whole body.

"You left your phone on your desk." Iniharap niya ako sa kanya at hinawakan ang kamay ko saka naman niya inalagay doon ang phone ko.

"Why are you running away from me? The last time we've seen each other you are not aloof on me. Why?" She sounds curious but I felt a pain from her question. I look down, she really reminds me of him. It's as if her asking that question to me by him. Guilt, pain and trauma scares me. My heart beat runs fast and I am losing my breath.

"Are you alright?" The last words I heard from her before I fall down on the ground and my vision becomes dark.

"Why are you so clumsy?" He asked and got a scold from him. Marthim was angry at me because I wasn't focusing on our training.

"Marthim, don't be angry anymore, if this was about my confession then I would say that liking you was a mistake. I don't like you anymore. My feelings for you was just an infatuation and I burnt them beneath my heart." I explain as my heart abnormally beated.

He took a deep breath and looked at me with his fuming face.

"Don't say that. You still like me, Ruelle. Don't you dare stop liking me because I would be smittenly mad to the other guy you'll like next." He said that and storm out of the gym.

Naiwan akong may pagtataka but I can't stop the butterflies in my stomach. I can't command them to jusf fly away, and I can't kick them away just like I can't kick my feelings for Marthim away. Gusto kong bawiin ang mga sinabi ko sa kanya but hindi naman ako sure if he likes me, too. Kaya naman, I promised to myself I will never tell him that I like him unless he likes me, too.

"Higher," he commanded at itinaas pa lalo ang kickpad na hawak niya. Another day had passed when he confronted me.

"I can't reach it anymore." I told him bluntly.

"I'll help you split." He motioned me to stand up straight and open my legs wide.

I splitted with all I can and I sat down while my legs were wide apart. Marthim placed both his feet on my ankles and stretched it. He held my hand and he pulled me towards him.

"Touch your toes." He ordered. I reached my toes alternately.

"Head on your knees." I bent my back and placed my head towards my knee for a five second, likewise on the other knee.

He pulled my hands again and placed my forehead on the floor. I know this is awkward and I cannot breathe the same air I'm with him. I should really stop training with him because we're not the same us anymore. I'm more timid and he would just speak formally on me and he would left me after he trained me.

"Get up."

I stand up and he ready his kickpad.

"Come on, kick it Ruelle. By now, you should reach this."