Chapter 17

A Date Or A Disaster?

Marsan's big bike stops in front of a park here in Manila. My jaw instantly drops because of the beautiful sight I have never  seen. I hurriedly drag Marsan to the statue of Jose Rizal, our National Hero. I read in the book that here lies Jose Rizal that's why it was guarded and amazingly the guards are not moving even an inch, though. The rope-like-knotted steel seperates as a little far away from the statue. Sayang, I want to touch Rizal.

"Can we take a selfie?" I plead with happiness in my smile. He smiles and nods on me. Inilabas niya mula sa kanyang bag ang kanyang cellphone. I handed his phone and I smile so wide while Marsan is serious as we take a selfie with the background of the statue.

I gasp, "Wow!" It escape from my mouth when a beautiful fountain appear in front of my eyes. It is so wonderful because of the color of the lights that are mixing to the fountain which is dancing harmoniously.

"Is this your first time here?" Marsan ask with amusement in his smile.

"Yes. Thank you for bringing me here. So beautiful." Marsan hand his phone and take a picture of me behind me is the fountain I adore so much. We take a selfie too. Naglibot-libot pa kami, and we've seen so many statues here.

Stephen suddenly appears in front of us while we are walking leisurely because nalibot na namin ang buong park.

"What are you doing here? Sinunsundan mo ba kami?" Marsan say as he clench his teeth in front of him.

"Let's just say I don't follow you but fate let me to be with my Française." Ngiting-ngiting pahayag ni Stephen and I couldn't stop myself to roll my eyes.

"Yours?" I can see blood in Marsan's eyes and his hand is in fist. Few seconds happen when his fist landed on Stephen's face and I have no idea why did he did that. Stephen stands up at maangas na pinunasan ang dugo sa kanyang labi.

Lumapit pa siya sa akin. "Ofcourse. She's mine." He puts his hand on my shoulder na agad namang tinanggal ni Marsan at pinilipit ang kanyang braso.

"You don't touch the girl I'm with." Marsan's gritting his teeth as he say those words.

"I can touch her. She's mine." He says as he unwraps from Marsan's strangles. Dali-dali na naman siyang umakbay sa akin. He turns his back on him and dragging me away from Marsan. I'm still facing Marsan because I don't want to be with Stephen. I just want to be with him and cherish the moment when I'm with him but that doesn't do because Stephen destroyed our supposed moments.

"I'm just protecting my——" He covers my eyes that's why I didn't hear Marsan properly, idagdag pa ang aming distansya.

"My bad. I forgot that you're just her bodyguard 'kuno'."

Marsan glared at him.

"Oo na. Hindi na. Let's eats first, libre ko and then let's enjoy here." Stephen surrenders.

Stephen brought us in a Filipino Restaurant, I've never been before. The style of the restaurant is nipa hut and it is  so cool here. The ceiling is made of pawid, the walls are made of bamboos and outside of the restaurant there is a line up of trees and coconut tree that's why it so fresh inside. The table and chairs are also made of bamboos. This is such a great restaurant. We sitted and even the chair are so comfortable because even if its made of kawayan, yung salumpuwit niya ay may malambot na foam.

"Let's play a game." Stephen declares. "We will tell her a joke. One laugh of her means one point. Deal?"

"I can't." Marsan seriously say.