Chapter 14

Terrified

It was a splendid days because we spent training for a week. My body conquered all the training techniques that was taught by our instructor. I'm really happy with what I'm doing because taekwondo is my source of strength and inspiration. I was fifteen when I started to join taekwondo, but in France we have martial art class which is fencing. I was force to join that but I don't like it.

My mom and dad were against Taekwondo at first but they realized that I also need it. So, they encouraged me, they started not to doubt my strength and capabilities.

I was so nervous with my first fight and I didn't hear any advice from my instructor. I didn't know what to do at that point. I was standing and only looking at my feet. When my rival came, she looks very beautiful with her fierce attitude. She wasn't gentle when she fought with me, I couldn't handle the situation because she had the upper hand. Every strike that she made was painful. Especially, when she kick me on my stomach, at that time I couldn't move but when I saw someone encouraging me to stand up. I gain energy and attack her using the tactic that she did. Adrenalin rush to my body so without even noticing I did jump and kick her straight to her chest. She was thrown outside the mat but because I couldn't knock her out, she became the winner due to her advance score against mine.

I was sixteen nung nakuha ko yung first medal kong gold. Someone help me para maging malakas, he trained me everyday 'cause he's an army student. Mga pinangtrain niya talaga sa akin ay mga pangsabak sa gyera. Pero nagfocus kami sa taekwondo. Habang tinitrain niya ako ay inaply ko yun sa taekwondo training ko which is good kasi nanalo nga ako.

Hanggang ngayong eighteen ako di na ako pumayag na hindi ako magtetraining. All thanks to Stephen na inaya akong magtraining dito sa school. Kahit ganun nung bakasyon dito sa Pilipinas ay nagtetraining ako mag-isa sa bahay.

He strictly pointed out what I did wrong, he would punish me for that. Twenty push-up if I am not serious, ten if I had it accidentally wrong. He always accompanied me in jogging in the park at Paris. At start it was just a light jog but because he's body is bulkier than any guy's. What I was thinking huh? Enjoying the view of his muscled body, the triceps and the biceps? His back, I can't take my eyes off on it.

He noticed that I slowly jog kaya nagjogback siya towards me. At hinawakan ang braso ko ng mga kamay niyang kahit laging sabak sa training ay malalambot ang palad.

"What are you doing?"

"I am enjoying the view," I said. Unconsciously.

I saw the smirk on him, he knew?

"Of the park." Dugtong ko sa sinabi ko. Para hindi mapahiya.

"Oui, mon cœur."

He put his arm on my shoulder and whisphered, "Three more laps," and bolted me off.

Lumalapit sa akin si Marthim habang patuloy na dumadaloy sa kanyang pisngi ang mga luha.

"Pourquoi as-tu choisi de t'enfuir? Pourquoi as-tu choisi de rompre ta promesse? Tu penses que je vais te laisser t'enfuir?" Mga naiwang tanong na mahirap talagang sagutin kahit alam ko ang sagot. "I understand if you're not ready to answer but I will wait. I know you're just too young, I will wait for you."

His 23 and I'm just 18. I just know that I loved him and I will never come back. I look away at the balloon that he prepared for me. I turn my back on him and started to walk away.

"Je suis désole." Paulit-ulit niyang sinasambit hanggang sa makalayo na ako sa park.

Going home, I ride on tricycle and i didn't expect na kasabay ko siya. Nandito na naman yung feeling ng parang may sumisipa sa tiyan ko. At parang akong tumakbo ng ilang kilometro, dahil ang bilis ng tibok nitong puso ko. Kasalanan ni hypothalamus.