Prelims and Day 1

Natsu's POV

The crowd was wailing as Fairytail entered the stadium. This felt right, this felt like home. I never realized how much I missed this rush of adrenaline. I looked up and found Lucy holding Nashi and Luke. Nashi was fussing and tugging on Luke, making him mad. Lucy noticed I was looking and shot me a small eye roll. I laughed and used my magic to send two small fire red butterflies their way. The moment it hit the twins' noses they disappeared. I heard Mira giggle behind me as I watched Lucy's face soften in a smile, Nashi and Luke laughed at the tiny creation.

The rest of the guild stood behind her while Master played with Luke's feet making him cackle.  I turned back around and kept walking into the area.

Today was the Preliminary Round: Millions of guilds big and small get wired down to the eight strongest.

For us it would be a breeze and brawling just for the fun of it is always a good way to start the Grand Magic Games! Gajeel and I were already started to pin down easy targets. Droopy Eyes wants to go for Sabertooth now, but it's obviously too much of a risk.

We made it through the Preliminary Round with ease. All of us have enough magic power left to take on a couple more, but Master said we needed to go back to the hotel and rest. As soon as we got back Lucy crashed, so did the kids. I chuckled to myself and comfortably wrapped my arms around Luce and relaxed in a dark dreamless slumber.

Day 1

Lucy's POV

After the Prelims, the following teams are participating in the Grand Magic Games: Fairytail A, Fairytail B, Sabertooth, Raven Tail, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Mermaid Heel, and Quarto Cerberus.

The first event was "Hidden." They did this last year too, all players are transported to a magically generated town and you have to find all of your opponents within all the other clones of them. If you get attacked you will respawn somewhere else in town. The mage with the most points for attacks wins! The ones participating are Beth Vanderwood, Eve Team, Gray Fullbuster, Juvia Lockser, Lyon Vastia, Nullpudding, Rufus Lore, and Jager. I was getting ready to help Juvia protect her unborn child and Natsu could tell I was nervous about something, "Hey, What's wrong?" He lightly touched my back while I held Nashi in my arms. Levy and Mirajane were playing with Luke earlier and said they would bring him with them, so he's probably already there because Mira had to be there early.

"Nothing. Why?" I played it off like I was in deep thought. Natsu didn't answer my question, he only gave me a curious side-eye before going ahead and walking with Wendy and Gray. I walked silently with Nashi whispering made-up words in my ears. I responded like I understood exactly what she was saying. After a while, Juvia popped up next to me,

"Lucy~san. Nashi~san." Juvia bowed and continued walking next to us. Protecting the baby was pretty easy during training because I knew the strength of everyone at Fairytail, but this time is a little different because I don't remember the power level of anyone from Sabertooth or Lamia Scale, so any other guild is completely beyond me as well. I could sense her nervousness,

"Don't worry about the protection spell I've got it covered!" I gave her a confident smile and a thumbs up. She nodded and smiled back at me.

"Juvia is a little scared that the baby will get hurt."

"Did you tell Master what we're doing?"

"Juvia didn't."

"He'd never let you compete if he knew I was using a protection spell. I can use the motion lacrimas to watch you, so the connection doesn't dull."

"Juvia would like to thank you for doing this for her. You really didn't have to." Juvia looked down.

"Juvia, you're my family. Of course, I would!" I kept smiling at her then pinched Nashi's cheeks with my fingers making her giggle. Juvia chuckled mildly and moved someone Nashi's hair.