Goodbye, Fairytail

Natsu's POV

"We'll never hear the end of it from him." Lucy's eyes widened as we sat on the bathroom floor. She was curled up on the floor with her head on my lap.

"What do we do?" Lucy's head turned to face me. She looked confused,

"Why the hell are you asking me?!" Her voice cracking as more tears swelled in her eyes. I placed my hand on her hand and softly stroked her hair. I stared off into blank space, knowing Igneel he would be really mad at me for this. Just then, an idea dawned on me,

"Runaway?"

"What. Really?" Luce sat up a little. Her long golden hair swayed as she moved.

"Yeah. If everyone around us is going to disapprove of what we've done, then it seems like the most logical situation." Lucy stared at the ground for a moment and then at me again,

"So what do we? Pack our stuff now, spend our last day at Fairytail, and then leave that night." I nodded in response.

"But where would we go? I'm assuming we want to get as far from Magnolia as possible."

"I know of a great little town just a couple miles Northwest of the Capital. I stopped there after a mission a couple of years ago. I think it's called Water's Edge. It was a really beautiful place from what I remember, but it was really small." I rest my head on the cool tile wall of the bathroom. I felt Lucy sit in my lap and lay her head on my chest.

"Are we going to be bad parents?" Lucy mumbled into my chest. I was thinking the same thing, honestly. I don't even know what to say to myself, left alone to the mother of my... wait... I pull Lucy off of me. She gives me a look of surprise. I put my nose to her stomach,

"Natsu! What the hell are you doing?!" I'm picking up three scents of Lucy. Her own and two others...,

"Lucy..."

"Yeah?" She sounds worried when my eyes meet hers.

"Lucy, I think we're having twins." Smiled a little, waiting for her response. I saw tears form in her eyes as she smiled so brightly and jumped into my arms. We laughed,

"Oh, Mavis, this is going to be way harder than we thought." Lucy kept laughing as she spoke. I laughed along with her.

Lucy's POV

After a while, we got up from sitting on the bathroom floor and I made us dinner and we talked over some of the things we'd need right away. Natsu said this place was very small and very defenseless. I suggested, to help us make money, he should work on their small military team. I know this is going to be very hard for him, and I feel bad.

After dinner, Natsu goes to his house to pack his stuff and quietly bring a sleeping Happy to Wendy's room in the Fairytail Commons. While over at the apartment, contacted my landlady and got everything sorted out with her. She was sad to see me go, but she knew the day would come. I always knew she was a really kind woman deep down. Natsu came back around 12:45 am and I was slowly fading, waiting for him to come back. I sat on the couch and my head kept bobbing up and down from drowsiness.

To me, it was all a blur, when Natsu came in. I remember him coming in through the window one last time and he came over to me and kissed my forehead. I remember smile slightly as he lifted me off the couch and carried me to the bed. The next thing I knew it was the early morning and my morning sickness was kicking in. Natsu's arms were tightly around and I struggled to get loose. Once I did I ran to the bathroom, after a couple of minutes of vomiting I felt Natsu pull my hair back. I smiled a little before going back to.... my recent activity. He lazily held my hair as his head laid on my back, his other free hand laid a hand on stomach. I heard him yawn,

"Does this happen every morning, Luce?" I heard a hint of sorrow in his voice. I nodded my head, yes.

"Aw Luce. I wish you'd told me. I would have stayed over more." I wiped the throw-up from my mouth and gasp for air and started coughing before I spoke again,

"I didn't want to worry you." He chuckled a little and then said we needed to get ready for our last day at Fairytail.

Soon enough we were both headed to Fairytail and a feeling of dread washed over me. Natsu was holding my hand really tight and kept sneaking looks at him here and there. I know he's scared too, he just won't admit it. I asked a question that had been looming in my mind for a month now, "What are we?" Natsu looked startled when I pulled him from his thoughts.

"We're parents. But if you mean it in the way I think you mean it, then I guess we're dating. Only if you want to of course." He kept his head forward as we walked.

"Well, in my head," There was a hint of mischief in my voice which made Natsu cock his eyebrow, "it would be kinda odd to be dating and have two kids together. But whatever floats your boat Dragneel." I pranced around while swinging my hand that was intertwined with his. Natsu started to laugh and pulled me to him. He grabbed my chin and flashed his signature grin,

"Are you asking me to marry you without actually saying it?" I smiled and shrugged my shoulders as I turned and walked off. He ran to catch up with me. When he did he grabbed me from behind and picked me, swinging me around. We laughed as he put me back down. I turned and kept walking but Natsu had other plans; he whipped me around and looked deep into my eyes.

"Lucy, when we get to Water's Edge, will you marry me?" I smiled a million times brighter than any star in the sky and nodded my head rapidly. We hugged for a moment and made our way to Fairytail.

When we arrived at the guild, everything seemed completely normal. I was going to miss everyone here, and I had to put a brave face on for the whole guild. So did Natsu, but he was a little better at that than I was. Before we entered the guild we let go of each other and walked different directions. Natsu went to pick a couple of fights with the guys and I went to read with Levy while Erza ate her strawberry cake. Juvia came over at some point after stalking Gray for a couple of hours. Wendy came over with a look of concern on her face,

"Lucy? Why was Happy in my room last night? When I asked him he said he remembered falling asleep at Natsu's place."

"Oh, I don't know anything about that. You'd need to ask Natsu." I tried to stay as calm as I could.

"Also, I found another mission and I'm going to need Happy. Is that okay?"

"Another question for Natsu. Happy is his Exceed after all." Wendy nodded and skipped off was Carla not far behind. I looked over at Natsu and the guys. They seemed to be having fun.

Erza nudged me, "Hey, how are you feeling? I know you've been in a lot of pain lately."

"Yeah, I'm alright. I don't know what that was though, I just had my period two weeks ago." I scrunched my face a little as I spoke.

"I'm glad you're alright. I was starting to become really worried." Levy looked up from her book. I smiled back and noticed Juvia had fallen asleep while staring at Gray. We all laughed quietly at our discovery.

Before I knew it the sun was setting and it was time to grab Natsu and leave for Water's Edge. I said goodbye to everyone as casually as I could and eyed Natsu. He caught on and followed behind me and eventually caught up with me. We stood at the doorway with our backs facing everyone, "Goodbye, Fairytail." We spoke softly and in sync as we left our best friends and family to create our own.

Hi.Hey.Hello. I'm really happy to be working on this story again. I've been wanting to do it forever and day! Stay safe! SEE YAA!!! NEXT TIME!!!