Something Missing

Sunday

Lucy's POV

I woke up to four babies lying on top of me. Natsu was lying his head on my chest and Nashi was curled up next to my head, she had one little hand lightly gripping my ear. Luke was curled around my other arm, gripping me with all his little baby strength. Happy was under my neck and grabbing onto Natsu's soft hair. I couldn't even be mad at any of them, it was so adorable.

After thirty minutes of trying to release myself from Natsu's grip while also not waking to babies up, I did it. I did wake Happy up in the process, but I calmly picked him up and softly rubbed in back, placing on his favorite chair in the living room. I, then, went back to the slumbering trio and moved Luke first, since he was starting to fuss. I placed him in his room and went back for Nashi and placed her in her crib too. I silently made my way back to Natsu, who seemed like he just got home, and placed the covers over his bottom half. I know how he likes to sleep.

I walked quietly into the kitchen and hummed to myself as I made breakfast. The events from yesterday still running through my head. Even the feeling of losing my son for 13 hours scared the living daylights out of me. I don't know what they've done to me. I'm a sucker for their cuteness and I wouldn't have it any other way. I remember when I saw them for the first time, Nashi and Luke immediately took over my thoughts and my actions, Natsu too but in a different way. Don't get me wrong I would die for anyone in this house, right now, if need be. But they've woven their way into my heart and I don't want them to leave.

My thoughts were interrupted by Nashi's crying. I set down the food and rushed over, still on an adrenaline high from yesterday. I walked into Nashi's room to find Natsu already in there, "Natsu? You should go back to sleep. Here, hand Nashi to me and you go get some rest." Natsu looked at me with tired eyes,

"She's my daughter, Luce." I could tell his eyes were watering. He's probably still shaken from yesterday. I put my forehead on his bicep,

"Yes, she is. But you've barely slept and I know that you've tried and scared and emotional, but your children need you to sleep so you can be the dad neither of us had."

"I don't get it... Igneel was a good father." I smiled up at him.

"Igneel would want you to be there for your children like he couldn't for you. Igneel doesn't want you to up and leave, or be distant, he wants you to be involved and live to see every moment in your children's life."

"You know, they're your kids too," He smiled brightly and handed me Nashi, "I'll get Luke, I know he's up." Natsu came back with Luke in his arms who seemed as energetic as always. Natsu was playing with as he walked over to countertop in the kitchen. I leaned into Nashi's ear,

"Daddy should really go to sleep, but what does mommy know," She looked angry because I hadn't fed her yet. I laughed and poked her nose, "You're so stubborn, like your father," I looked up at Natsu, "Gosh, both of these kids act like you." I sweatdropped. Natsu laughed and put Luke in his high chair. We continued to feed the twins in comfortable silence. I looked over at Natsu and Luke for a moment and saw the cutest thing, Natsu had taken a little bit of the mashed fruits and dropped a little on Luke's nose. Luke was trying to get in off, but every time he would wipe it off Natsu would add more. The smile on Natsu's face was brighter than I've ever seen it, I giggled a little at this action and went back to feeding Nashi, who was very focused on eating.

After feeding and changing the twins we took then outside, in the front yard, like we always did. The twins were seven months and Nashi really wanted to walk while was perfectly content crawling and riding around on Natsu. Natsu brought out some toys for Luke and they played in the grass while Nashi and I tried walking around on the porch. It was a peaceful day which was greatly needed, but something felt off. I was cheering Nashi as I held her hands in the air, to keep her from falling. She was giggling and making all sorts of noises. After thirty minutes of trying, Nashi became very tired and wanted to take a nap. I gently placed her on my lap to where she was almost sitting on me but was leaning into my stomach. I softly combed her hair and hummed a familiar tune. I looked over the railing of the porch and saw both Natsu and Luke passed out. Luke was laid out on Natsu. I smiled and rocked back and forth, quietly waving to the people who passed.