Day 4

3rd POV *mention of intrusive thoughts*

Natsu sat with Nashi in his lap. She was playing his vest as she nodded off. The games hadn't started yet but most of Fairytail was already getting ready for the final day. Normally the Magic Games are 5 days but got cut short because of reasons only known in the higher court. It didn't seem to bother anyone.

Natsu stared off into space with a troubled face. Lucy was talking with Ezra and Juvia when she noticed the extreme difference in her husband's features. After excusing herself, she studied his face before walking up behind him. Gently letting her hands run through his spiky hair she spoke softly, "You're starting to feel guilty for leaving everyone at Water's Edge, aren't you?"

"I don't know what I feel, to be honest." He closed his eyes and leaned into his wife's touch. "Where's Luke?"

"Cana and Mira are trying to see who's name he'll say first." A small chuckled escaped his lips. "Is she asleep?"

"Almost. Sorta nodding stilling." Lucy hummed in response and continued to play with Natsu's hair. The more Lucy's fingers probed his hair the more relaxed he became. Truth be told, he was extremely worried about Water's Edge. Sure they were a small town and not a very big target, but that doesn't mean they're completely out of harm's way. He trusted his men just as much as he trusted Fairytail, but there was a strange tearing feeling in his heart. Lucy seemed to have every plan marked for going back to Water's Edge. It shocked him to some degree but he understood the attachment she felt. There was also a part of him that wanted to be back at Fairytail. He wanted that familiar feeling of community. He missed the fights and long nights of drinking. His eye traveled down to Nashi who lay sleeping on his lap. Those days of loud parties and messy brawls were somewhat a far memory to Natsu. He wanted to be there for his kids in a way Igneel could not. That didn't deem Fairytail an unsafe place to raise children, but his life would have to make some changes, as it already has greatly. Water's Edge dipped into his consciousness once more; It seemed to be eating at him, leaving them. Natsu has also held the mantra "No family is left behind." So, in leaving either Fairytail or Water's Edge for good he'd be leaving behind a part of his family. The thought made him shiver. 

Lucy caught onto his daydreams by then. She bent down a little and kissed his cheek, "We'll talk about it later, okay?" Natsu could only nod. He didn't trust his voice.

Lucy understands her mistake in leaving Fairytail out of fear, dragging Natsu along with her. It slashes her ego each time she thinks about it. In a moment of hysteria, that seemed like the best option. Her mind had convinced itself that this was the only way to evade judgment and regression. For a while, the thoughts subsided but returned upon hearing the cries of her guildmates at their gates. She didn't know which place to call home. Water's Edge or Fairytail. This repeated endlessly throughout the night. Natsu's warmth and comfort did nothing to ease her to sleep. While brushing her fingernails through Natsu's hair the images of their ceiling at Water's Edge appeared. She stared at it so many times. She knew every line in the ceiling and how they connected or ended. Lucy had to stop herself from gripping Natsu's hair. Quickly and rather elegantly she removed herself from her husband and went back inside the stadium, needing to be away from the crowd the guild balcony was creating. A delicate hand pulled up her temples in a desperate attempt to calm the cursed thoughts plaguing her mind. 

Levy came up behind her, "Lucy." It wasn't cold nor sweet, just monotone. The blonde turned on her heels to face the shorter girl. "You're going back to Water's Edge after this is over, am I correct?" Levy unknowingly added more pressure to Lucy's intrusive thoughts. Tears welled up in Lucy's eyes as she held a bored expression. Seemingly over the question being asked. Levy didn't know what was happening. There were two entirely different things happening on Lucy's face. It clicked to Levy that her friend felt conflicted and confused by the situation so she quickly embraced her long-time friend tightly, hoping to ease some of her pain. Lucy clutched onto Levy immediately, all her fears and pressure being released after so much time of unconsciously shoving them down. Levy hushed Lucy while stroking her golden hair softly. Once getting Lucy's breathing stable, Levy asked some questions, "Is everything okay?" In her head in what a stupid question. Lucy could shake her head, not trusting her own voice.

"Can you explain it to me? I want to help." Levy tried her best to sound as comforting and kind as she possibly could.

"I'm torn," Lucy's breath hitched in her throat as she tried to talk, "Do we go back to Water's Edge or stay? Natsu and I have created lives in both places, but it's my fault we left Fairytail in the first place. I freaked out! I ran away!" Levy squeezed onto Lucy tighter and tighter by the second.

"It's okay. You were scared. I would be too. No one blames you. The twins live a happy life filled with so many good people. You did that for them. Whatever decision you make- we won't hold it against you. Sometimes you outgrow old things..." Levy hated the last words to spill from her mouth. Lucy's head shot up, looking at her friend with eyes glossy and eyebrows knit together. She gripped onto Levy as she tried to understand why Levy might have said such a thing. Although Levy made a point, you do outgrow old things eventually, but that's better used in terms of clothes or toys, not family. Lucy let out a small whimper before putting her forehead to Levy's semi-spaced out face.

"Levy-chan, family isn't something you outgrow," Lucy whispered with shaking hands. Their moment was interrupted by Gajeel who happened to be looking for the short girl. They pulled apart and Lucy wiped her tears while Levy blinked back hers. A twisted expression on Gajeel's face expressed his confusion. He stared at Lucy the longest, looking at her puffy, glossy eyes and slightly shaking figure, her breath that she had not yet caught. With his hands resting the pockets of his pants he turned his torso, doing a 180. "Yo, Salamander. Bunny Girls' having a mental breakdown."

"Gajeel!" Lucy and Levy shouted at the same time. Natsu came out into the hallway with a slightly confused expression. He was holding a sleeping Nashi in his arms. Lucy was still sniffling so she couldn't really hide her previous breakdown. "What happened?" Natsu's voice held a tone of slight rage and genuine concern as he moved towards his wife. She wrapped her arms around her body and shook her head,

"Nothing."

"Lair," He brought his free hand up to her face to clear stray tears, "Is it about the thing we were going to talk about later?" His hand then brushed against her hair softly. Lucy nodded a little, embarrassed by the scene she's caused. Nashi seemed to be awakened by the light tension in the hallway and tried to wriggle her way out of Natsu's arms. Lucy quickly took Nashi in her arms and the small child seemed confused by the salty water falling from her mother's eyes. Nashi took her small, pudgy hand and brushed away Lucy's slowly falling tears. The caring and tender action only caused Lucy to become a water spout for another minute. Levy and Natsu watched with concerned expressions as Lucy cried and cooed over the pink-haired baby. Gajeel was just bored.

"Hey, the games are about to start!" Gray shouted from the doorway to Fairytail's observation deck. Natsu and Gajeel raced down to the ground floor to prepare for their battle against Sting and Rogue. They were excited for a rematch. Lucy and Levy sat together with Nashi mumbling things and playing with Lucy's hands. Luke eventually joined the three girls and peacefully slept on Levy, his mouth open with drool dripping down his aunt's shoulder. She didn't seem to mind though.

Day 4 Scores:

Fairytail A- 67
Fairytail B- 51
Sabertooth- 51
Raventail- Disqualification
Lamia Scale- 26
Blue Pegasus- 15
Mermaid Heel- 35
Quarto Cerberus- 23

Hi.Hey.Hello. It's been a while! The series is about to finish up so be ready! SEE YAA!!! NEXT TIME!!!