Chapter 15 - Broken Hearts

||Todoroki POV:||

I finally decided that I would join the League of Villains. I mean, what did I have to loose? Well, only one thing.
After I decided and Midoriya had given me my 'Villain Outfit', he told me that being a villain was serious work and they didn't play around. He told me that my serious job was to go into UA with Uraraka as normal but gather information. I don't know if this was because they were planning an attack or what, but I do remember Midoriya saying something about maybe kidnapping another student to join the league.
However, Midoriya also told me that they had to trust me to be loyal. So in that case I have to break up with Iida. To be honest, I love Iida but I don't know why I am feeling a sense of relief...  All I know was that Iida was going to be crushed.

||Time Skip||

Uraraka and I are walking into school together, when she turns to me.
"How do you think you're gonna do it?" She says.
I sigh and shrug, "It's gonna be hard so yeah... but please be there as a shoulder to cry on for him."
"Of course," is all I get as a reply as we carry on.

Once in school, Iida comes up to us straight away. He goes to kiss me and I stop him.
"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I say.
"Oh uh yeah sure," Iida says.
I take him over to a far corner in the classroom. Luckily no one is here except us and Uraraka, so I can get this done quick.
I sigh, "Iida, you know I like you right?"
Iida nods.
"Well..." I say, "I feel that maybe it's not in a romantic way. I feel that maybe we would be better as friends."
Iida looks at me, kind of shocked.
"Do you mean you want to break up because you don't think you're gay?" He says.
"No, I am gay, I know I am. Its just that... I don't want to be with you anymore."
Iida gulps and his eyes tear up.
"Oh.... well uh.... ok I guess, as long as we can still be friends," he says.
I nod, "Of course we can."
He takes deep breath and smiles. Suddenly, the tears in his eyes dissappear.
"Ok Todoroki, I completely understand your decision."
He then walks away and sits at his desk as normal. I could tell he was upset because he was shaking slightly and you could clearly tell that the smile was forced. But if anyone had walked by and not known what had went on, they would think Iida was fine. I guess he was one of those people that was good at hiding their emotions.
I sit down at my seat and look over at Uraraka who was already at hers. She gives me a subtle thumbs up as our other classmates begin coming in.
I look down at my desk. I do feel relieved and not really sad about breaking up with Iida. I loved him, I know that. But now I didn't really care. Why was that? I don't know.

||Time Skip||

Iida isn't sat with us at lunch. I don't know where he is to be honest. I sat across from Uraraka and Tsuyu was sat next to her. She was cuddled close to her for comfort. Uraraka had told me what had happened between her and Tokoyami. I felt sorry for her. However, I couldn't help but feel like that was how Iida was feeling. Meaning I was the careless boy who had broken up with his partner for no reason and didn't care at all, just like Tokoyami.
I sit and eat my soba. I really missed having this, even if it was only for a few days. Suddenly, we hear shouting from the other end of the lunch room, it is Bakugou. I try to see who he was yelling at, but people's heads covered them. All I could see was Bakugou screaming and Kirishima trying to hold him back. I sigh and go back to my soba. I was sick of him yelling all the time. It had became a natural accurence at this point. He settled down after a while and I saw him hugging Kirishima tightly, hiding his face in his chest. I pouted slightly. I wanted that. If I am being honest, as much as Bakugou gets on my nerves, him and Kirishima were a cute couple. Literally couple goals. And I really wanted that kind of relationship. But... with who?