Chapter 21

Danielle's POV

Seconds, minutes, hours pass in the dark basement, and I don't hear a sound from the upper floor. I wonder what Ted is doing and how he's going to tell Robin. I'm probably dead already, or I'll at least be punished.

I don't know what to do. I want to do something but most things require being able to move my arms and that I can't do.

My wrists hurts more than usual, Ted tied the rope harder than before and they had just gotten used to being untied.

After a while I just accept the fact that I'm going to die in here and that there's nothing to do about it. I could cry but that would only make stuff worse. All I really can do is... wait. For something, weather it's good or bad.

*

I'm half asleep when I hear a door opening and shutting on the top floor making me hump. It makes me wide awake and I freeze, waiting for what's going to happen next. I start considering crying again but my pride gets in the way. Right now it's probably a good thing, I don't want to look weak, he already has the upper hand. But the stupid tears keep trying to come through.

I'm guessing Ted is telling Robin right now and soon he'll come down and cut my head off. Or at least an arm or leg but I think I'd prefer having my head cut off to be honest.

Minutes pass and they're the most nervewrecking minutes I've experienced so far in my soon ending life. It comes to the point where I actually want Robin to come storming down the stairs with a ridiculously big knife in his hand, ready to kill me. But when the door opens I'm suprised to see Robin looking calm and totally normal as if nothing happened. He even whistles as he's walking down the srairs and smiles at me when he sees me.

"All nice and clean, huh?"

I stare at him. What sick game is he playing this time? I'm prepared for him taking out a knife or a gun from inside his jacket any second but he acts perfectly normal.

I must look terrified because he just gives me a weird look and keeps talking. "So Ted told me something interesting," I hold my breathe for what's coming next. "he said that you might need something more than just bread. I mean, considering how hard it was for you to walk up the stairs by yourself. So I was thinking that you might need like, some vegetable and fruit maybe? I mean we're friends now, right? You've been such a good girl so why not give you some real food? You deserve that, and no one else in this house eats their fucking vegetables so why not give them to you? You like carrots, right? And we also have some apples and like grapes and I don't know, we have a shit load of food. Olives maybe? So what do you think?"

What the hell? 'We're friends now, right?' Not really. 'You've been such a good girl', what the fuck? Is he trying to make me feel bad or confess, what is going on? Did Ted not tell him or will Robin poison those grapes when I eat them? I realize that he is waiting for an answer so I open my mouth and say what any normal person would say in a situartion like this: "I, um...I don't know."

Robin looks at me confused and slightly annoyed. "Then what do you want?"

I glare at him, he's change of tone making me pissed. "My freedom please and thank you."

Robin rolls his eyes. "Okay, that was a stupid question, I know, but you don't know?"

I decide to not defy destiny on this one. "Okay. But no olives. I rather starve than eat olives."

Robin smiles a little amused. "No olives."

Natalie's POV

"You know that feeling when you know you know something but you're not sure you actually know it?" I ask slightly paniced.

Jason shoves me into the car, "No?" He says before shutting the door and running around to the other side.

"But when you know something and you're scared that you don't?!"

"Why are you talking shit?" Jason says annoyed and steps on the gas, making me thank God for seatbelts.

"I'm not, you just don't listen!" I bark back. "Like when you're sure of something but then someone asks 'are you sure?' and then you're not sure because someone asked?"

"What are you trying to say?" Jason makes a sharp turn to the right and I fly into the car door.

"Ouch... I'm scared I'll forget the adress even though I know I know it but I kind of-"

"Okay, think like this: If you forget it I'll kill you with a bat."

I nod. "I know the adress."

"Yeah you fucking do. You should write it down."

That is a good idea which we should've thought about earlier. I pick up an old receipt from the floor and after digging around between old candy wrappers and other trash I find a working pen. "You need to fucking clean your fucking car you fucking idiot!"

"Shut up and write down the damn adress!"

"I am! Stop yelling at me!" I sqribble down the adress on the back of the receipt, trying to make it readable.

"Call Justin," Jason demands.

I'm about to yell at him for telling me what to do when I realize I can't find my phone. "Where the fuck is my phone?" I mumble to myself. I feel my pockets and look around me but it's not there. "I can't find it, give me your phone."

Jason looks at me. "Are you serious?" he asks under his breathe.

"It's fine, just give me your phone." I reach out my hand, starting to feel a little impatient.

Jason groans loudly and closes his eyes in frustration. "I didn't bring it, what the fuck!" He slams his hands against the steering wheel and I feel like doing the same.

"Fuck. Well, it's fine. It's fine, right? It's fine. We'll just tell him when we get there."

"Yeah, sure. It's fine," Jason agrees. He makes another sharp turn and doesn't realize that the traffic light has turned red. The next thing we know we're inches away from hitting a pick up but Jason manages to turn in the last second. Though the car hits the back of our car and sends us into another car on our right. The window on my side shaders into small pieces that start raining over me, making me shut my eyes as hard as I can. Our car lifts off the ground a little as it collides with the other car, it can only have been in the air for a hundredth of a second but it feels like forever. Isn't it funny how a moment can pass so quick but at the same time last a lifetime?

A few terrefying seconds pass when all the cars have stopped moving and we're standing still again. Everything seems silent. I feel dizzy and can't seem to move much, all I can do is crasp the receipt in my hand harder and turn my head to the left to see Jason laying with his head on the steering wheel, passed out. He doesn't look too good, he's bleeding from a cut above his eyebrow and several brusies has already started forming on his body. I can just hope he'll be fine. And I hope I'll be fine.

Suddenly I'm very aware of a burning pain my right shoulder. At the same time I start feeling sick and the world starts spinning even more. My body doesn't seem to want to move, soon my eyelids start to fall and the darkness takes over.

Justin's POV

"Hey, Liam."

He turns around and smiles at me. "Justin! Isn't it great? We might get her out today."

I glare at him. "You said you knew where she was as in the adress. I'm just going to expect the worse and hope for the best."

"Oh come on, it's almost the same thing."

I decide against getting into an argument about this with Liam, instead I bring up what I came here to do. "I have Natalie's phone and I'm going to give it back to her. Can you call me when you know more about Robin?"

Liam nods and puts his hand on my shoulder. "We'll get her out."

I'm baaaccckk!! Some stuff is going down right now and I hope you like it! I just realized that Dani hasn't gone to the bathroom (except for when she showered) ONCE. Lmao, please just ignore that for the sake of the story. She's doing her business in a bucket or something....

Please comment and vote ☺

- L