Chapter 22

Justin's POV

When I get back to Liam's house it's empty. The bedrooms, the living room, the bathrooms, the kitchen. There's no signs of Natalie or Jason. I wonder if they saw my note because if they didn't they might be out trying to find me, drunk and lost. Great.

I jump back in my car and start the engine. They can't have gotten far they're probably driving around in a roundabout and soon I'll get a call from the police station.

In frustration I step on a random pedal and the car jolks forward. A loud bang is heard when the front of my car hits the garage door in front of me. I stare at it for a while before I get out of my car to check for any injuries. I didn't hit the garage door hard, but when it comes to my car I'm paranoid.

I can soon determine that my car is fine and that the garage door took the biggest hit and I lean against it in relief. Suddenly the door starts folding inwards and as it opens I fall to the ground.

"Ow," I mumble and look around confused. Jason's car is gone as I expected, though I really thought he would lock the garage, drunk or not.

I get up, rubbing my lower back like an old person and start pulling down the door. In the keyhole I can see a keychain with 3 keys on it.

I pick up my phone and dial Liam's number. "McCann, what can I do for you?"

"Jason and Natalie is gone and they took Jasons car. Can you do that creepy thing where you find out where the car is in like 36 seconds and then tell me so I can take them home and lock them in my wardrobe because they are getting on my fucking nerves right now?"

Liam chuckles a little. "Sure."

"Great, thanks." I hang up and wait for Liam to text me. After 3 minutes I recive a call from him.

"Did you find it?"

"Yes, but it's not good news." I keep quiet and wait for him to continue. "The car was just in an accident. Jason and Natalie was taken to the nearest hospital."

Natalie's POV

My eyes slowly open and I'm blinded by the hospital lights. I shut my eyes again and groan slightly. The next time I open my eyes there's a woman standing hovering over me. I could've recognized her eyes anywhere. "Mom?"

The woman smiles and strokes my cheek. She leans down to kiss my forehead, I close my eyes and feel her lips on my skin. When I open my eyes again she's gone.

"Nat?" I look too my left to see Justin sitting in a chair beside my bed. Confused I look around me. Where did she go? She was just here. "You were in an accident with Jason."

I want to glare at him and say that I'm very aware of that but instead I say, "My mom..."

Justin grabs my hand. "What about her?"

"She was here. Did you see her?" I ask hopefully and look him in the eyes. "She has dark hair and dark eyes and, she looks like me but older. Did you see her? Is she coming back?"

Justin looks at me with sad eyes, the way you would look at a kid with cancer. "You haven't seen your mom in a long time. She disappeared when you were younger."

My eyes go wide. "I know, I haven't seen her in 8 years but she was right here! I saw her, 2 minutes ago!"

Justin keeps looking at me with pity in his eyes and I hate it. "I was in here 2 minutes ago. And your mom was not here," I stare at him. He must be wrong, she was here. "The doctors gave you morflin. Maybe that's why. Maybe you, um... dreamed about her."

"No, she..." I close my mouth because I know I sound crazy. Of course it was just a dream.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea."

I look at him and his eyes makes me calmer. I always seek safety in people, other people don't understand because they have a mom and a family and a working life. That's not how it is for me. I stopped showing weakness a long time ago, so sometimes when I really need a hug but can't bring myself to ask for one it calms me to know that someone cares. Like, someone would react if I died. Maybe they wouldn't cry or even care that much but they would notice and I seattle for that.

"Yeah, it was probably a dream..." I try to convince myself that it's true but I it's hard when I so desperatly want it to be a lie.

Please comment and vote☺

- L