Chapter 24

"What do you mean, where is the note?" Liam asks angrily.

"It's gone! The adress was on it, it's..." I feel like I'm gonna cry and throw up at the same time. Oh god.

"Do you mean this note?" Like an angel sent from heaven Justin comes in holding a little piece of paper.

I stare at it and Justin hands it to me. With shakey hands I unfold it. Relief washes over me as I see my own handwriting on it. "Justin you're a life saver!"

Liam does some kind of weird victory dance and Justin shrugs. "You had it in your hand. I was going to give it to you when you woke up but I forgot. I understand it's important?"

I nod and don't even ponder how he found it if it was in my hand. "Yes, Justin we can find Danielle with this."

Justin's eyes go wide and a big smile comes across his face. He looks like he's about to do the same dance Liam just did but instead he suprises me by pulling me in for a hug. I'm totally unprepared so I just kinda stand there like a statue or something and let him hug me. Liam gives me a weird look.

"Are your heart made of stone?"

I glare at him and wrap my arms around Justin's neck and bury my face in the crock of his neck.

*

When Liam has worked his magic, me and Jason can leave the hospital. I wonder if they would've let us out if they knew where we really were going.
Liam had called the boss and told him about the great news. The plan was for him to meet with Robin like planned and distract him while me, Liam, Jason, Justin and two guys from the gang called Chris and Damien got Danielle out. We figured there would be a few people to get passed before we got to Danielle so Chris and Damien, who worked undercover as cops by the way, got to come.

From the hospital we went right to the nearest airport and got on the next flight to Toronto. The hospital had sent a wheelchair with us for me for some reason and Liam forced me to sit in it while we ran (they ran and I wheeled) through the airport.

*

Hours later we arrive in cold Toronto. I'm both tired, hungery and uncomfortable. Once again Liam forces me to sit in the stupid wheelchair has he pushes me through the airport and all the way to the car waiting for us outside. The car ride takes about 30 minutes and the whole way I feel like throwing up. I'm scared of how I'll find my best friend and I'm scared that we won't get her out. What if they're too many for us to handle and we can't get her out? Then what do we do?

All the thoughts in my mind gets tangled into little knots and I can't make them understandable for me or anyone else. "What if... Maybe she... Do you think Dani has... Should I have worn something else? Robin, is he even..."

I pull my shaking hand through my tangled hair and try to collect my thoughts. I want to ask questions they don't have the answers to and I want time to move faster and slower at the same time. I hold up my hand in front of me just to see how much it's shaking. Frustrated I try to hold it steady but the more I try the more it shakes.

"Hey, come here," Justin mumbles and grabs my cold hands in his warm ones. He looks me in the eyes and smiles a little. "You'll be okay."

I nod slowly but I'm not convinced. I'll be okay as long as Danielle is okay. Since I don't know how she is and the color of her eyes has started to fade in my memory I'm scared that I won't recover from this.

"My whole life has been like a nightmare, you know," I whisper for only him to hear. My voice sounds like I'm about to cry and I think I am. "but this, this is worse. It's worse than all the other things. I've learned to live without my mom and my dad and friends but, to learn to live all alone..." I shake my head and bite my lip hard. Don't cry.

Justin lets go of my hands and puts his arms around me and pulls me so close that I can hear his heartbeat. "You'll never be alone as long as I'm here, okay?" He whispers in my ear. "I'll introduce you to my mom and then she can become your mom too. And Jason, I know he seems like he doesn't care but I think you might be the best friend he has ever had. Liam, he sounded so concerned when he called and told me that you guys were in the hospital. He sounded like a big brother talking about his little sister, and when he got to the hospital and saw you he looked like he was about to cry. You'll never be alone, Natalie."

Those words fixed the mess in my mind, but even then I didn't cry.

I don't even know if this is good or not. I mean I tried.

Please comment and vote ☺

-L