Chapter 13

Natalie's POV

The next morning I wake up by the sound of a key twisting and the front door flying open. I look beside me at the clock on the bedside table showing half passed 7. Am I being robbed? Because if I am I'd much rather just fall back asleep.

"Anyone home?" A male voice sounds through the house. I sit up straight. Are you fucking kidding me?

I hear footsteps making their way upstairs and before I know it David is standing in the doorway. "Oh, hello Natalie. Have you and Danielle switched rooms?"

I just stare at him and his way too happy smile. "No." I finally say.

"Oh, okay... Then why are you in her bed? And where is my beautiful daughter by the way? Oh, and I saw the kitchen window was smashed. Do you happen to know why?"

"I want to, gone, no." The last one is a lie, I smashed the kitchen window with a rock since I didn't have a key last night.

"What do you mean? Has she gone to school already? Hey, do you want breakfast? I'll make us some pancakes and you can tell me everything that happened while I was gone!" David smiles wide and leaves the room. Fuck, if he knew what happened while he was gone. If he knew what I did and where Dani is.

"No." I mumble, even though he can't hear me. I snuggle down between Dani's covers again and pretend that she is the one making all the noise from the kitchen downstairs, and not her stupid father.

**

"Natalie?" I jolt awake at the sound of my name.

"W-what?" I ask confused and look around. When I realize where I am and who is calling my name I groan.

"Are you coming? The pancakes are done." David answers.

I'm not at all in the mood to chit chat with him about shit he has no idea about. Especially not when Dani is gone and I should be out looking for her. I pick up my phone and dial Jason's number.

"What the fuck do you want?" Jason asks annoyed.

I smile a little. "What crawled up your ass and died?"

"Holy fuck, Natalie?!"

I laugh. "Sure thing."

"Justin, wake up asshole. It's Natalie!" I hear Jason say and Justin saying "Fuck off, it's not funny."

"Shut up shithead, I'm serious!"

A muffled sound is heared before Justin's voice comes through the phone. "Nat?"

"Hi stranger."

"How the fu-" He's cut of and I hear him cursing at Jason.

"How did you get out?" Jason asks.

"Doesn't matter. Have you heard from Danielle?"

Jason falls silent and I already know what he'll say. "Uhm...No, actually she, um...She's gone."

I pull at the corner of Danielle's pillow. A thread is loose and a little hole is created as I pull at it. "I know."

"I'm really sorry, Nat. I shouldn't have let her out of sight but I was worried about you and-"

"It's not your fault. It's mine."

"What, no it's-"

"Shut up Jason, this is getting too emotional. Can we meet somewhere so we can talk?"

"Yeah sure, when and where?"

"I don't know, Dani's dad is here. I just want to get away from him."

"Um, why?"

"He's a dick. He made me pancakes!"

"Wow, he sounds like a real douchebag." Jason says amused.

"Shut up." I smile.

"Natalie!" David yells at the top of his lungs.

"I'm out of here. You know that skatepark like 10 minutes from here?"

"Yeah?"

"Meet me there in 15 minutes."

"Okay."

We hang up and I walk into my messy bedroom to find my pants. I grab the first pair I see and put on a beanie to hide my messy hair. Then I head downstairs and try to sneak passed the kitchen unnoticed but David sees me.

"Hey, look who's finally up. Where are you going, I made us pancakes."

I look down at the syroup in his hands and then back up at his face. "I hate pancakes." I lie.

"Oh, but why don't you just sit down for a while. I want to catch up."

"Sorry, I have to go. And don't give me that shit. You don't give a fuck about our lifes."

Jason's POV

I finally see Natalie walking across the street towards me. I put down my phone and stand up from the bench, greeting her with a smile. "Look who's back."

She returns my smile and I pull her in for a hug. "It's good to be back."

"We missed your rude comments." I grin and grab her beanie so I can ruffle her hair.

She slaps my hand away and takes her beanie back. "I was only gone for a few days."

"But still. Our gang isn't complete without you."

Natalie's smile drops. "Or Dani."

I hate how sad she looks. It's not like her. "Hey, we'll fine her. Don't worry."

Natalie nods. "We better. I can't live without her you know."

I don't answer that. I just put my arm around her shoulders and hug her. "You wanna get drunk?"

"Fuck yes."

**

"No way!" Nat giggles and sits down on a patch of grass.

I sit down beside her and hand her the bottle of vodka. "Yes way."

"You pervert. A guy should never walk into the ladies room!"

"I was looking for Dani!" I defend myself. Natalie giggles again and lays down looking up at the sky.

"Do you believe in aliens?" She asks out of the blue.

Suprised I look at her. "Wha- I guess?"

"I believe in them. I think E.T is real, and Wall-E too."

I laugh and shake my head as I lay down beside her. "You're kind of weird you know."

"You love it."

"I guess I do." I shrug.

"So what have you guys been up to? While I was in custody, I mean."

I sigh. "Looking for a way to find Danielle and get you out, that's all. Liam, Justin and I barely slept."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For looking for Danielle. I deserve to be in prison. She doesn't deserve any of what she gets."

"It's okay. We all like that little ball of cuteness."

"She's so small." Natalie giggles.

"She's like the shortest 18-year old I've ever seen." I laugh.

Natalie nods. "True that."

"Natalie?"

"Yeah?"

"Why'd you kill that guy? Like what the fuck were you thinking?" I carefully ask. I don't want to piss her off.

She stays silent for so long I think she decided not to answer the question, but after a few minutes she whispers the answer: "I don't know..."

**********************************

Please vote and comment :)

-L