Chapter 26

Natalie's POV

We enter a front door and find ourselfs standing in the beginning of a hall. It's about now that I start feeling my stomach going crazy. I've never been more scared in my life for someone other than myself. What if she's really hurt?
The thought makes me walk faster and I let go of Jason who can now stand straight on his own.

We turn a corner and suddenly I'm face to face with a guy carrying a girl in his arms. A girl I've missed so so much.

"Natalie?" I hear her familiar voice say softly.

I almost start crying on the spot just by hearing her voice. "Danielle?"

"Put me down!" She says to the guy holding her that I don't even look at because I don't give a flying fuck now that I have Danielle back.

"Can you stand up?" I recognize the voice but all I care about is what he said.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I ask worried and take a step forward.

"Yes, I'm fine. Ted, just... I can do it."

Ted? I don't think about it for long because a few seconds later she's in my arms.
The last time I cried was years ago. It was when mom left and I swore I would never cry after that, but now the tears fall like the niagara falls. I hug her harder than I've hugged anyone before and I hear myself start sobbing.

Danielle's voice is thick too when she speaks, "How are you here? You were in jail you-"

"I had to find you! Ain't nobody got time for jail then." We laugh and cry and hug and I've missed her so much.

We lean back a little so we can look at each other properly. I almost start crying even harder when I see her tiny body. She has dirt in her face and her cheeks are sunken in like she hasn't eaten. The skin on her arms is so pale that it almost seems translucent and her hands are shaking. But her smile is the same as before and her eyes too.

"Danielle?" Justin's voice comes from behind me. He sounds so small and worried.

"Hi," Dani looks over my shoulder and smiles at the guys. Then we almost get knocked over when they all throw themselfs at us. I notice that Danielle has to lean on me to be able to stand straight and it makes me worried.

"Stop, get off!" I say angrily. "She's weak."

"Dani," the guy says, which sounds kind of familiar, and the four of us all stop what we're doing. Liam and Jason both pull out their guns.

"Stop, he's not one of them. Well, he is but he's helping me," Danielle explains. For the first time since I got here I look at the guy.
I sqint my eyes as if I will see him better and suddenly I know who it is. "Sam..?"

"Hi, Natalie."

"What are you doing here?"

"I was actually trying to get Dani out of here before Robin got back."

"Sam?" Dani, Justin, Jason and Liam says at once before I can answer.

"Yeah, guys put down your guns."

"Sam?" Dani repeats.

"I can explain," he says nervously.

"Do it fast. We need to get out of here," Liam says and I can see him looking behind him at the door every five second.

"I'm Sam, not Ted. I'm here because I used to work for the boss, but then he fired me and I joined Robin to get revenge because that's what Robin is doing. But I've changed my mind."

"What?" Liam asks angrily. He is way too into his roll as the boss' bff.

I roll my eyes. "Don't you recognize him?" I take Liam's silence as a no. "Sam the bomb guy? He helped me ruin three cars in a parking lot last year."

"Oh, you're that Sam?" Dani asks suprised. I remember when I got home and told Dani that Liam almost killed me, my friend and Sam when he found out. I never saw either of them again. I guess that's when he got fired.

"Yup, and for the record, it's actually Natalie's fault that I got fired."

"Huh," I raise my eyebrows. "You did all the work."

To my surprise he laughs. "It's nice to see you again."

"Whatever, let's go before they get back," I mutter. I'm actually a little happy to see him to. And he helped Dani.

"Yeah, come on Dani." Jason walks up to her and he lifts her up bridal style and starts walking towards the door we just came through. I expect her to protest and tell him that she can walk herself, but she doesn't.
Liam follows after them and Justin grabs my hand.

"Let's go Natalie," he says softly.

I throw a look at Sam. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah, but I-" The sound of a gun interrupts him.

"They're here," Liam yells and I feel Justin pulling me towards the door. This time I follow and I see Sam doing so too.

Another shot is heard and Liam curses under his breath and starts running to the door. "Let's go!" He shouts and disappears through it.

I grab Jason's shoulder and look him dead in the eyes. "Get her to the car and then drive if you have to." He nods and Danielle starts complaining but I ignore her and turn to Sam. "Here," I hand him a gun I've kept under my jacket, just in case, and hand it to him. "Protect her with your life or I'm gonna let my anger get out on you." Lastly I turn to Danielle's tiny body resting in Jason's arms and cup her cheeks. "I love you, Danielle."

Then I let her go and Jason turns to Sam. "Is there any other way out?"

He nods. "There's a window. If we climb out of it we'll just have a little bit to go until we're on the drive way."

They run off in the opposite direction and Justin and I are left. The sound of guns and people yelling fills my ears and I pull out my own gun. Justin does the same. We head for the door that Liam just disappeared through. I open it and the first thing we see in the church is Damien and Chris lying on the ground in a bloodpile that grows bigger by the second. I feel sick and for a second I think that I'm going to pass out but Justin puts his arm around me. "Are you okay?"

I look up into his beautiful eyes that are filled with worry and nod slowly. "Just don't die."

He half smiles and lean in to kiss my forehead. "I won't if you won't."

"Deal."

Together we step into the church with our guns raised. I spot Liam and the naked girl right away though this time she's wearing all her underwear. She's joined by another girl and a guy. They all have guns and they're sitting behind a bench hiding from Liam who fires at them. I aim my gun at the guy and pull the trigger. The naked girl (I'm just gonna call her that) looks up at the same time as he falls to the floor, dead.

An angry scream leaves her filled in lips and for a second I think that she'll attack me like a fucking animal. The girl she's with stops her though and it gives me time to aim once again. Unfortunately she notices and throws herself to the right in the last second making me shoot her shoulder instead of her head. It only touches the side of her shoulder and doesn't even sink into her skin. It hits the wall behind her.
Another scream leaves her lips but she doesn't make the mistake to try and attack me again. Instead she and the girl hides behind a bench.

"There's more of them outside!" Liam yells and motions for us to follow him. "Where's the others?"

"They took another exit, if we just keep them-" The church doors fly opened with a loud bang and Robin himself walks in with two guys behind him.

"Fuck," Justin curses under his breathe and we both start aiming for the little fucker. In horror I see Robin hold out his gun and pull the trigger on Liam. I stop a scream from leaving my lips as he falls backwards and hits the ground.

Dun dun duuuuun.... I haven't decided Liam's faith yet. So we'll see...

Please comment and vote ☺

- L