Chapter 15

Danielle's POV

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs but I'm too tired to look up. My head hangs low, I'm unable to lift it without something hurting.

Whoever came down here drags a chair to the other side of the room and sits down in the shadow. Even if I looked up I wouldn't see the person's face.

"I won't bite," I try to say but it comes out as a raspy whisper.

"Shut up, you're not allowed to talk unless I ask you something!" It's a male, someone that hasn't been down here with me before. I can tell because I don't recognize his voice.

"Oh, you're like that," I mumble, still keeping my head down. "You shouldn't have kidnapped me if you didn't want to talk to me. I talk alot."

"I told you to shut up. Don't talk to me, I have a gun." He sounds nervous.

I smile a little. "Please, kill me. I've got nothing left to loose."

He falls silent

"What's your name?" I ask.

He hesitates a little before answering: "Ted."

"Nice to meet you Ted."

For a while nothing breaks the peaceful silence. A door from the floor above shuts, I'm guessing it's Robin leaving.

"Why are you sitting like that?" Ted suddenly asks. I must look sick, my hands tied behind the chair is the only thing keeping me sitting up.

"I don't have alot of options you see, my hands are tied."

"Isn't it uncomfortable?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes it is. I'd much rather be at home right now but there's nothing I can do. The company is lovely, though." The sarcasm dripping from my voice at the last sentence.

Suddenly my stomach makes a loud sound letting the entire neighbourhood know that I'm hungry. I haven't eaten in a while and they only serve bread here so I'm hungry most of the time. I hear Ted stand up and walk back up the stairs. Once again I'm left alone in the darkness. I slowly sit up a little, my back aching as I try to hold myself up. Everything hurts, I'm hungry, cold and alone. I sigh and start thinking of Natalie. I wonder how she's doing in prison and if it's worse than here. She has probably made a few badass friends by now and is basically running the prison.

I smile a little at the thought as a lump forms in my throat. This happens alot. As soon as I think of Natalie, the boys or even dad I start weeping. The lack of food and this entire place is making me crazy.

My own sobs fills the room and I'm too busy crying to hear the door open again. It's not until Ted is right in front of me and I can see his face, that I notice him. He holds up a piece of bread. "Eat and it will feel better."

I try to reach out my hand and take it before I remember that my hands are tied. I wince at the pain shooting trough my arm as the rope cuts into my skin. "I can't."

Ted nods and walks over to get his chair. He drags it so it's in front of me and sits down. Then he breaks of a piece of bread and holds it up in front of my face. I look at it, my stomach hurting, and then back at him. "Eat."

I lean forward a little and he puts the piece in my mouth. The bread tastes awful but I'm too hungry to care. Ted keeps feeding me and after a while I stop crying. I take a few shaky breaths and look up at Ted. "If the circumstances were different, I'd say 'thank you' right now."

He nods. "If the circumstances were different, I'd say 'no problem'."

Natalie's POV

"Can you explain again why you're not worried about me getting out of prison?" I ask Liam. When I told him how I got out he at first seemed really worked up. But then suddenly he was all calm and like 'don't worry about it' and that is not like him at all. He is one of those people who always has to be in full control.

"It doesn't matter, Natalie. We have bigger problems right now, like finding Danielle."

"Don't you think I know that? She's my best friend, fucktard! But it makes no sence that you don't give a fuck about the prison situation!"

"Natalie, go home. The three of you has been in my house for too long, i want you out."

I give him an are-you-seriously-doing-this-right-now?-look. "You're kicking us out?"

He shakes his head. "No, I'm telling you to leave because you were never invited."

I stare at him. "Do you know who is in my house?"

"No, Natalie. Who is in your house?" He fakes a smile and pretends to be interested.

"David freaking Hart, that's who. I rather go back to prison than be with him. No, I rather stab my eyes out than be with him."

Liam rolls his eyes and I get the urge to stab his eyes out. "First, it's not your house Natalie. Second, I don't care if you stab your eyes out. I just don't want you guys to eat all my food and move around all my things."

I glare at him. "You are not a very nice person, Liam Hemmings."

He narrows his eyes at me. "I've gotten you out of jail more times than you can count on one hand, so don't say shit. Now suck it up and go home. David deserves to know that his daughter is missing."

I give him the middle finger and leave him alone.

**********************************

Sorry it's boring. Please comment and vote :)

-L