Chapter 6

Natalie's POV

"Natalie Green. You came."

"Yeah I'm here. Now what do you want me to do?"

An annoying grin is spread across his face. "Are you in a rush?"

I bit my lip to keep myself from snapping at him. "No, I just want the money so I can leave."

"Oh right, the money." He nods as if he just remembered our deal. "Can I ask what you are going to do with them?"

"No, why does it matter?"

"I'm just curious. Couldn't you have asked your boss for money?" His voice is laced with vemon at the mention of the boss.

"No, I rather him not finding out about this."

"Why?"

For fucks sake, this isn't 20 questions. "Because I said so. Now, tell me what I should do or I'm out of here!"

He looks a bit too amused. "I thought you wanted the money?"

I can tell he's playing me and I hate it. I'm trying my hardest not to be rude. "I can get money from someone else."

"No, no. I'm just messing with you, Green." I roll my eyes at the mention of my last name. "Here's what I want you to do; there's this guy, Josh Santos, who owes me money. I want you to find him, threaten him, and get me my cash."

"If I do, will I get my money?"

"Yes. But there's just one tiny detail."

"What?"

He steps closer to me, so close our noses are almost touching. "You have to kill him."

Justin's POV

"Fine, let's be friends." I hear Danielle say as I walk downstairs. Did she tell Jason that? Good for him.

When I walk into the living room Jason is lying on the couch and Dani is sitting beside him. She turns around when she hears me. "Hi, where's Natalie?"

"She went out the window." I tell her truthfully.

Dani's mouth drops a little. "What? Where is she going?"

"If she gets arrested again I'll kick her ass." Jason chuckles.

"She'd cut your balls off before you could even throw a punch," Dani says.

I grin at Jason and he gives me the middle finger.

"I don't know, she didn't say. She just left."

"Well, hopefully she'll be back by tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I have school.  I better get some sleep."

Jason brings himself up a bit so he can lean on his elbows. "But it's like 4 in the morning! Why don't we just stay up and watch a movie or something?"

Danielle shakes her head. "No, I'm tired. Good night, guys."

I nod. "Okay thanks for letting us stay here."

"No problem. Oh, and I don't have the energy to try and find the madress right now. One of you can take my dad's bed. It's in there." She points at a closed door.

"Where's your dad?" Jason asks. Pain flashes across Dani's face, only for a second but I see it.

"He's working alot," she says with a fake smile.

"So you guys live alone?" Jason asks and I want to punch him. I give him a look but he ignores it. Now Dani looks like she's about to throw up. All the colours are drained from her face and her eyes look empty.