Chapter 5

"Should I just drive you to my place? You can sleep on the couch and I have a madrass." Danielle offers as she sits in the driver's seat.

"Thank you," Justin says at the same time as Jason says "no thanks." Justin elbows him in the side. "Thank you, we appreciate it." Justin says. I roll my eyes.

"If one of you fucktards wakes me up tomorrow before 12 then I'll cut your balls off." I warn. I take their silence as they understand. "How did you guys get to the police station anyways?" I ask Dani to change the subject.

"Liam."

The gang must be so mad at me right now, especially the boss.

I look over my shoulder at Jason and Justin in the backseat. Jason has his eyes closed and Justin is looking out the window.

I turn to Dani and lean a little closer so I can whisper. "Hey, are we cool?"

She keep her eyes on the road. "Yeah, but I'm getting tired of you. You have to stop, the boss can't save you everytime."

"It's not a big deal."

"To me it is!" She whisper-yells. "If you get put in jail I'll be all alone. And you'll be in prison!"

I look at her from the side. She always says that her father's absent doesn't affect her, but I know she's lying. I feel sorry for her, to have such a fuck up of a best friend. She has no one except her dad and best friend, and they both suck.

I stay quiet for the rest of the ride, and when we stop I ask for the key and get out as quick as possible. I unlock the front door and kick off my shoes. Then I run upstairs.

"Nat, wait!" Dani calls but I ignore her.

Justin's POV

"Nat, wait!" Dani calls but Natalie ignores her. Dani groans in frustration. "I can't deal with her right now."

"Don't worry, I've got it." I pat Dani's shoulder as I pass by her.

Jason throws his arm around her shoulders and pretends he can't stand up by himself. Dani looks like she would like to smash his head against the wall.

I walk upstairs to find Natalie. She's sitting on a chair by the window with a cigarette in her hand. She looks slightly concerned.

"Can I come in?"

She jumps a little at my voice, she must have not seen me. "What do you want?"

I walk up to her bed and sit down. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She sucks on the cancer stick and slowly blows out the smoke.

"You should stop that," I nod towards the cigarette. "it's not good for you."

"You and Dani are so annoying, you're not my parents!" Natalie snaps. i roll my eyes, she's alike Jason in so many ways.

"You know, Danielle really cares about you."

Natalie ignores me and looks out the open window. The sun is starting to rise and the whole world glows in orange and red.

"She really does and you don't have to be such a bitch towards her."

"You don't know the first thing about me, so don't say shit."

"Maybe we should get to know each other, then?" I suggest.

Natalie puts the cigarette in the ashtray and stands up. "You'd like that wouldn't you?" She smiles but I can tell that she doesn't mean it. I don't answer and she doesn't expect me to. She picks up a black hoodie from the floor and walks back to the window..

"Where are you going?"

"None of your fucking business." She opens the window and sits down on the sill. Smoothly she throws her legs over it and climbs out. Well, okay then.

Jason's POV

"Don't worry, I've got it." Justin pats Danielle's shoulder.

I hate when he's always playing the hero. To turn Danielle's attention back to me I groan a little and put my arm around her shoulders for support. If looks could kill... I would be dead. Danielle's glare is the worst I've seen so far, but it only makes me grin.

Justin leaves us to go find Natalie who's acting like a 12 year old.

"Can you help me to the couch, I don't feel so good?" I lie.

She doesn't fall for it but she drags me to the livingroom anyways. I lay down on the couch but when she's about to leave I grab her wrist.

"Stay."

She narrows her eyes at me.

"Please." I add.

She sighs loudly. "Fine."

I smile. "Can you massage my back?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Come on, don't be like that."

"Bye." She smiles but her eyes are shooting daggers at me. She stands up to leave but once again I grab her hand.

"No, I'm sorry. Please don't go."

"Why? You just want a one night stand, I'm not that," she says annoyed.

I study her face, I don't know why I keep flirting with her. She's not the sexiest girl I've seen and she's a bit too much good girl for me, but I like challanges.

"I don't want to fuck you, just stay please." I realize how it sounds and quickly add: "I want to but I'm cool with just being friends too."

She raises her eyebrows. "You want to be friends?" She asks with disbelief.

I nod.

"Fine, let's be friends," she says after a few seconds.

I smile. "Great."

*********************************

If u like it, let me know by commenting and voting :)

-L