Chapter 10

Jason's POV

"I have to talk to Natalie Green," Liam says to a guard but he shake his head.

"Sorry, she's not allowed to have visitors right now."

"But we just talked to her!" I cut in.

"Great, then you won't miss her too much." The guard smiles and turns his back against us.

I throw a punch at his back but Justin grabs my arm.

"But can you at least tell me if she had any visitors after us? A blonde girl maybe?"

"No, now get out of here. I don't have time for your stupid questions."

Once again I raise my fist, and once again Justin stops me. He grabs me by my arms and drags me outside to the parking lot.

"Yeah, why don't you get arrested too? That would be fucking lovely!" He hisses.

I get out of his grip. "Shut up."

Justin raises one eyebrow and studies my face. "Are you that worried about Danielle?"

I blush slightly. "Fuck you, Justin."

He chuckles. Suddenly, he's not pissed anymore. "I'm just not used to you giving a crap."

"What do you mean? I do give a crap."

"Yeah, now. It's almost as if you like Danielle?"

Once again I feel my cheeks turning pink. "No I don't! But you on the other hand, likes Natalie, don't you?"

It's Justin's turn to blush and I grin widly. He opens his mouth to say something but Liam comes walking our way and we both forget what we were about to say.

"We can't meet her today." He sighs.

"Well, when can we meet her next time? Tomorrow?" I ask hopefully.

"Next week."

I stare at Liam. "We gotta find Danielle before that!"

"Of course, Jason. A person is missing." Liam rolls his eyes as if I'm stupid.

"Well, why the fuck are we standing here then? Call someone who can help us find her!" I yell in his face.

Natalie's POV

The bed in my cell is hard and uncomfortable. It smells like vomit and pee in here and the lights are on so I can't sleep. I groan and turn for the seventh time in a few minutes. The thought of Danielle makes me anxious and I feel so worthless just sitting here in a cell.

I get up and walk over to the barrs. There's a big clock just outside of the cell and it shows that it's five to midnight.

If I were at home right now then me and Dani would probably be on the couch, watching a movie and eating popcorn. Or maybe we would sit curled up in her bed between blankets and pillows, with our laptops.

I find myself wishing that I could get back the life that I hated. A few days ago I was free, and even though I hated everyone and everything I still had a house to live in, a best friend and my freedom. This cell sucks ass and I feel like screaming.

A sudden movement in the corner of my eye makes me look up.

"She's up," the cop says and looks at me. I don't know who he's talking to.

"Great," a voice says. Confused I look around but I can't find the source of the deep voice I just heard.

"What's going on?" My lips are dry so it only comes out as a whisper. Am I going crazy? Is this even happening or is it just a scene that I've made up inside my head?

The cop walks up to me and a tall darkhaired man walks up behind him. I stare at the man who looks slightly familiar, but I'm sure I've never seen.

The cop and unlocks the cell. "She's all yours," he says and motions for me to step out.

"Am I free to go?"

The cop nods. "Mhm."

On shaky legs I walk out of the horrible cell. Even thought the air as is the same in there and out here, it still feels different. It's as if I've been locked in a room for months and this is the first time I can breathe properly.

The tall man that came with the police man smiles a little. "Come with me. I'll take you home."

I have so many questions but I just nod and follow him.

**

"How did you get me out?" I ask when we're in the car on our way home. I'm in the same clothes as I came in, which are a tight t-shirt and skinny jeans who smells of alcohol. But it feels nice to not have to wear the orange prisoner suit.

"I have some contacts." The man shrugs.

"Okay, well why did you help me get out?"

He smiles. "I have my reasons."

"Okay, what's your name?"

"Michael."

I sigh. This random man comes in the middle of the night and gets me out of jail, which I was in for murder, and I don't even know him. I have so many questions but all I get is stupid answers.

"But how did you convince the guards to let me out? I killed someone!"

"You got set up."

"But still, I killed a living person."

"Look, just be happy that you got out, okay? And stay out of trouble for god's sake Natalie."

I glare at him. "But I want answers! I'm quite confused to say the least!"

"Look, you don't know me but I know you. Your too naïve to understand half if the things going on in this fucked up world you are living in, so just stop with the questions. I'm not answering them."

I cross my arms over my cheast and look out the window, clearly showing that I'm annoyed. "Bitch." I mumble under my breath.

Michael chuckle. "I'll just pretend I didn't hear that."

I ignore his comment and concentrate on the music coming from the radio. At first it works, but soon thoughts of Danielle starts making their way to the surface. Is she hurt? What have Robin done to her? Was he lying? Is she even alive?

I force the thoughts away because if I don't I'll cry or break something and I can't do neither.

**********************************

This will all make sence later in the story.

-L