Chapter 20

I woke with a start with whatever I was laying on shifting underneath me. I was blinded by the sun and groaned, I felt so dry. I blinked a couple of time to adjust my eyes and saw I was in the middle of the ocean. I looked around and saw I was alone on a piece of debris. Then I remembered what happened, the plane crash. I looked around, Kane wasn't there. But he was here with me after the crash. I stood and balanced myself on the debris and looked around. "Kane!" I called out. "Kane!" Where was he? What happened to him?

Things started popping into my head. Did he roll off the wing and into the water? Did something drag him off? "KANE!"

"Yeah?" I turned and saw him pulling himself up out of the water, he was missing his shirt. He set down a makeshift bag that looked like it was made from his shirt and a piece of rope. I dropped down.

"You scarred me, I thought you fell off or something pulled you off and you were alone drifting off." He scoffed.

"Like I would let myself fall off this thing or be dragged off by something with you still asleep." He got out of the water and ran his hand through his hair. "How you feeling?" I looked around.

"You seriously are asking me how I'm feeling after our plane basically exploded, we fell through the air, and now are adrift at sea." He gave me his serious look and I sighed. "I'm as good as I can be." He loosened the knot on the makeshift bag and pulled out a bottle of water. I took it and started drinking from it.

"I could only get so much from the crash that hasn't floated too far away. All I could find though was some bottles of water; packets of pretzels; one in-flight meal, but I don't know if there is any water in it; and one thing of orange juice." I held the bottle out to him and he shook his head. "You drink it all Olivia. You need it."

"Have you drank anything?" Its been at least a few hours from the crash, it was almost noon.

"Yes." He said and started putting out the contents from his bag to dry. He was lying to me.

"Kane, please drink something. Its been a while since the crash and you've been in salt water. You need some." He sighed and looked at me. I held out the bottle to him and he took it and drank a little bit and then recapped the bottle, setting it down. I stood and looked around.

"Any sign of John?" I asked looking at the horizon but only seeing more water. He shook his head.

"No I haven't. Its a miracle that we survived, you have to face the fact that he might be dead Olivia." I sighed and looked back.

"He's alive, if he really is anything like Tommy he'll be alive. He didn't go down without a fight." I felt the wing that we were on lunge a little and I fell back. Kane moved away from the edge and closer to me. "What could it be?" I asked as he brought me closer to me.

"Do you really want me to start giving off that list." He said looking around. Our makeshift raft lunged the other way and Kane tightened his hold on me. Wolves weren't meant to be at sea and there is a good reason why.

"It could be whales." I said looking around but seeing no sign of whales at all.

"Or a sea serpent." Kane muttered. I glared at him a little, I was trying to not make it seem like a life or death situation. Movement on our left caught my eye and I saw a part of a thin fin. Shit. "Oh great, mermaids. Even better." I growled. If it was mermaids then Kane was either fucked or majorly fucked.

Mermaids are half woman half fish, extremely beautiful. But they aren't the little sweat singing women that you see on TV, they sing yes but they lure men with there songs and beauty to were they can grab them and drown them, then eat them. Another fin came out of the water, it was a greenish blue color. I felt Kane's arm move and I glanced down and saw him pull a knife from his calf sheath. I heard a splash behind us and saw something with the same color slick skin as the fin we saw. I put a hand on Kane's arm.