Chapter 23

Lyon's eyes widen and he stood up. "What?!" He looked down at me but I wouldn't met his eyes. Telling him this is hard. I've never told anyone this, ever. Telling him was bring up old memories of what happened. Why I told him...I don't know. It kind of just...came out. Lyon had that effect on me, if anyone could get me to talk about anything it was him. But it didn't always work. 

"Olivia, did you cheat on him?" I tried to say something but it was hard to speak. Didn't help that he  kept talking. "How could you do something like that to your mate?! I somewhat expected it from that asshole but never from you!" I furrowed my brow, he thought Kane would cheat on me? Well with how he didn't move when that blonde chick just laid one on him I'm not sure anymore. For all I know he could of cheated on me with anyone when I was working. He would of been able to do it without anyone knowing and if anyone in the pack did find out then he'd just have to order them not to say anything or just wipe their memories. I felt tears welding up again in my eyes. "How could you be so stupid Olivia?" I looked at him and he froze when he saw the tears falling. I shook my head.

"I have never touched another man like I've touched Kane since I found him again." I saw the confusion on his face.

"Then why do you think that the baby isn't Kane's?" I looked away and wrapped my arms around myself. I worked so hard to keep the memories and horrors away, but they've been slowly seeping out into my nightmares. I tried to speak but nothing came out. A lump formed in my throat and I couldn't speak. His face fell. "Oh Goddess no." He ran a hand through his hair. "Please tell me that you weren't. Goddess please tell me you weren't." I bit my lip and didn't look at him. "When?" He asked, I took a shaky breath.

"Few years ago." Lyon knew what happened to me, there was enough rumors about it too so it was hard not to know. How does one keep a miracle like that quiet when the media was everywhere and following through with the recovery of the luna of a well established pack. At least they left out names. 

"Who?" I couldn't look at Lyon. I felt all dirty again. I felt his touch, his bites, the blood, and the dirt on me again. I felt his hand on my throat, squeezing. I jumped feeling Lyon grabbing my chin with his thumb and index finger, making me look up at him. His eyes looked more animal then human. "Who?" He asked and I shook my head.

"You can't do anything Lyon. You can't get-" He cut me off growling and slamming his hands on the table beside me.

"Who?" He asked again but almost growling. I looked at him and I saw the lion within him near the surface. If I don't answer him then he could shift.

"Argos." I answered. I felt him tense. He walked away from me. He slammed his fist into the locker on his right, making the door crush inward and his fist indented into the locker door. I wiped my eyes and got off the table. I grabbed his wrist and pulled it from the locker. I looked at it and saw it was red. "This is why I didn't tell anyone. It just pisses them off." I said quietly trying not to cry anymore. He pulled his hand out of mine and turned and looked at me. 

"You haven't told Kane yet?!" I shook my head.

"He wants to kill anyone that even looks at me wrong. He already wants to kill him, if I told him what other things Argos did to me he'd leave and hunt him down and that's what he wants. He wants Kane, he gets him he gets all the land that we have and the pack. With the pack comes the power, if he kills Kane....." I trailed off, not able to finish.

"Then he gets the power, and he gets you." He finished. He cupped my face and rested his forehead on mine. Something we've done since we became closer, its a soothing thing for lion shifters. "I know how it works, it works the same with Prides. You keep what you kill, that's how it works with us." He scoffed and closed his eyes. "Sometimes it seems like we're worse than humans and demons." He opened his eyes and they were back to their normal color, he wiped my face of the tears. "I understand your reasoning for not telling Kane, afraid of him going to kill himself hunting down Argos but you should of told him. Instead of dealing with it on your own, like you did, you should of told Kane so he could of helped you through it. Why do you insist on dealing with your problems alone? Why never ask for help. You did the same thing in the academy." I closed my eyes and bit my lip.