Chapter 6 part 2

Olivia's POV

 I was finally heading back to the pack house late into the night.  I had ran to north for the rugged terrain, my joints were sore and screaming in protest as I continued back. I still had a long way to go before I was home. I was taking my time heading back. Just walking trying to give my limbs a break and prolonging the issues I had to deal with when I arrived back. 

Without the moon it was difficult to see, my wolf's vision made it easier though. After a while I heard a whimper, it sounded like it was from a pup. I walked in the direction of the whimpering. As I went it became louder and louder. I came to a small clearing in the trees. It stopped as I entered the clearing, I heard movement and lowered myself to the ground. I saw a flash and I bolted to my left before the shot hit where I was standing. I looked around and saw red eyes across the clearing. 

"Olivia, its been too long. How's your brother." The male's voice made the hair on my back stand up. I growled and watched him. "Now, now Olivia, don't be rude." I growled at him taking a step towards him. I had no idea how many men he had with him, better to get them to show themselves then find out with being shot. 

He tsked. "I wouldn't do that if I was you." He motioned down and I looked. There were three red dots on me. "I know you've gotten stronger since the last time we meet. How did you like my presents." I just growled at him. "The wolf I sent on your lands to spy on you came to me and told me you have a fondness over this boy. Aren't you afraid he'll end up like your brother." I took another step.

'Touch him and it will be the last thing you do.' He smiled. 

"You said that when I killed your brother and I'm still here. I can't take your threats seriously." He walked towards the right. "How's that mate of your's. Kane right?" I growled again. He chuckled and walked out of the shadows to where I could see him. He had blood red eyes, dark brown hair, and pale white skin. He had claw mark scars over the right side of his face. He noticed where I was looking. "Yes, the marks you left me with never healed right, so they're there forever. Was a little upset with that turn out." Good. He walked closer to me. "I bet your just filled with rage right now. What I did to you and your brother so many years ago." I took another step and a shot was fired at my feet.  "You get any closer and the next one will be in you head." He walked towards me now.  "You've become a fine young wolf my dear. Much better looking than the first time we meet and more experienced. But then again you were hiding something last time. Now I know. Won't have any more incidents." I growled.

'What do you want?' I thought to him. 

"I wasn't too happy with the scars you left me and I haven't gotten over what your kind did to me. I just want to return the favor. All you've had to deal with have been just been for play until I arrived. Now the real game starts" He put his hands in his jacket pockets. "You're the most powerful Alpha now along side your mate, at least in this country.  When we finally get rid of you the pieces will fall into place. Before I'm done you'll be begging me to put a bullet between your eyes." His cell went off and he looked at it. "I'm sorry our reunion is so short but I must be off. I have other matters to attend to. Tell Kane I said hello." He started to walk away.

'Argos!'

I ran for him. My right back leg was shot but I ignored the pain.  I lunged at him. I clawed him but he turned into mist. Other wolves came out of the woods and attacked me. Shots were fired. I growled and lunged at the wolf closet to me and we rolled into the trees. I was able to get loose and looked around. All of them had black ting to their eyes. There were too many of them, only way out involved a fight. But if I can't make it through fast enough the guns will get me. 

Well, better be fast about it. My wolf thought to me. Now you have an input. 

They charged at me. Might as well get someone on the way, otherwise its gonna be a long night for me. Hated being patched up in the kitchen. I called for my mate.

'KANE!'