Chapter 16 part 2

Olivia Pov

I woke up being laid down on something soft. I opened my eyes and saw Kane and a room I didn't recognize. "Hey, how're you feeling?" I shifted in the bed. 

"Okay, still tired." He brushed some hair out of my face. 

"Well its something called jet lag babe. You going to try and go back to sleep?" I sighed and stretched a little. 

"What time is it?" He looked away to the clock on the wall. 

"Here, about 2 in the morning." I sighed and rested my head on his lap. 

"Only if you join me. I'm cold." He smiled a little. 

"Alright." He kissed my head and I moved back onto the pillow. I watched as he pulled off his shirt and toss it onto the bag at the end of the bed. I heard him kick off his shoes and he crawled into to bed behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.  I kissed his arm. 

"Love you."

"Love you too." I closed my eyes and started to drift off.

"Olivia." I heard Kane say softly.

"Hm?" I opened my eyes a little and looked back at him. 

"Is there something bugging you? Is something wrong? Anything at all?" Yeah, a lot of things. But I couldn't tell him that. No point putting more on his plate then needed and this was my problem not his.

"No, why?" He shrugged. 

"You just seem a little different." He kissed my arm. "You know you can tell me anything Olivia. Right?" I nodded and turned in his arms kissing his neck. 

"I know, you know I trust you." He sighed and pulled me closer to him. 

"I do." I rested my head on his chest and drifted off. 

~O~

I woke up starving. I got up and saw that Kane was gone. I went into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I saw some drinks and snacks. I grabbed the cheese dip and jar of pickles, I was really craving them for some reason. I popped the cheese into the microwave and heated it up. I sat at the table and started eating. I was halfway done with the small jar when I heard a knock at the door. I went over and opened the door. I saw a man with blonde hair and brown eyes, wearing jeans, a red polo, and a black jacket. He smiled at me. "Hey Olivia." I smiled back at him. 

"Hey Seth, how'd you know where we were staying?" 

"Drake, so you ready for tonight?" I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. 

"As I'll ever be. I hate these kinds of things." I moved aside and he walked in. 

"I know, but its the only way the high council can know that you arn't trying to take over. You can take over all of the U.S. if you wanted to. Own all the land." I shut the door. 

"We arn't going towards that. World domination is on there agenda not ours. The reason they want us here is so they know they have some control over us." I walked over to the table and sat down again. He came over and raised a brow. "You're eating pickles? With cheese?" I nodded eating another pickle. 

"Yeah, so?" I shrugged. He shook his head. 

"Nothing, its just that last time we saw each other and I offered you a pickle you said that you hated pickles." I looked at the pickle covered in cheese. I remembered the even clearly. 

"Hm, I guess I like them now. Weird." He nodded and looked around. 

"So, where's Kane?" I shrugged. 

"Don't know. He was gone when I woke up." 

"What do you think he's up to?" I thought for a moment. Kane could do actually a million things here. 

"Not sure, so-" I at looked at him. "-do you have the players for tonight?" He pulled out an orange envelope from his jacket. He held it out to me and I took it. I opened it and looked at some of the people that were going to be at the party tonight. 

"Its mainly just Alphas, Betas, there mates, and a few others besides the council members." I nodded and slipped the papers back in, tossing it onto the table. "Can I speak freely?" I looked at him and nodded.  He looked at me. "Is Argos really back?" I sighed. 

"Yes, he is." He seemed to get angry.

"Then why aren't we looking for him. Having everyone on high alert and trying to track the bastard down?!" I pinched the bridge of my nose. 

"Its complicated." 

"The hell it is!" I growled and he stopped talking and looked away. 

"I know what I'm doing Seth. Its not that simple, he is stronger than before. He has more men that won't hesitate to follow any order he has given. We can't see the whole bored. I am not going to put my pack in danger. Until we know everything we can't do anything or we will be going into the fight blind." 

"My apologize. I was out of line." I was about to say something when the door opened and Kane walked in. He walked around Seth and came over to me, touching my arm. 

"Hey calm down. You're making everyone in the hallway freak out." He said softly in my ear. I didn't realized how much anger I was giving off. I calmed down and looked at Seth. 

"Sorry." He shook his head. 

"Don't be. I shouldn't have brought it up." He looked at Kane.  He nodded towards him and Kane nodded back. Seth left and I looked at Kane. 

"What was that about." He smiled a little. 

"You'll see, come on shower and get dressed." I raised a brow. 

"Where are we going." He looked at me. 

"We're in the middle of Mirdaral. We are going out." 

"Out? Anywhere specific?" He smiled. 

"I have some places in mind." I sighed remembering John was next door. 

"What about John? We can't leave him here alone." He nuzzled my neck.

"I have a baby sitter for John so he'll be fine. We are going out and going to enjoy today whether you like it or not." I smiled a little. He pulled away and grabbed the almost empty jar of pickles then looked at me. "Were you eating pickles?" He looked down at the table. "With cheese?" I nodded. 

"Yeah." He raised a brow. 

"I thought you hated pickles." I nodded. 

"I do." His brow furrowed. 

"Then why are you eating them?" I shrugged. 

"I don't know, I just wanted pickles and cheese." He set the jar down and looked at me. 

"Who are you and what have you done with my mate?" He teased. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the last pickle out of the jar. I dipped it in the dip and walked to the bathroom. 

"Your mate will be in the shower." I went into the bathroom and shut the door.