Chapter 3 part 2

I was so restless, my thoughts kept wondering towards Kane. None of those things have happened before with any of the males i've encountered. I've never been intimidated by a male so quickly or easily. None of this was normal, that was saying something comparing everything that's happened in the past. 

I tried drinking, which I had sworn to cut back on and eventually off, but I had to do something. I didn't think swearing off alcohol would last long. I saw no other solution but alcohol, it was my go to before I moved here. 

I was on my fourth drink and finished it. Drinking wasn't helping at all, if anything it was only making things worse. Serina pulled me out of my thoughts when she spoke. "Okay, whats wrong." I looked at her. "You've been moody since you left, forgot my soda, and you've been drinking non stop since. You never drink and you're downing them faster than water" I sighed.

"Nothing."  I don't need to tell her these things, it wasn't her business anyway. It has to be because its been over a year. Nothing else made sense. She shook her head.

"No, tell me what happened or else." I sighed, I had to start opening up at some point. That was the point of enrolling here. Can't just keep everyone at a distance. I promised I'd try.

"Just a guy." Her jaw dropped and she looked at me.

"Wait, the mighty Olivia is interested in a guy! Who?! Honestly thought you were gay because of all the males you've turned down." I glared at her. "I'm joking, now spill!"

"Its nothing, just an attractive male." She scoffed. 

"Well you should go and find him now!! He's attracted to you, no male wouldn't be attracted, you're attracted to him. Go be a hormonal young wolf for once. Honestly bust one out and you'll feel better." I bit my lip.

"Serina he growled at me when I barely even touched him. I don't think he wants to do anything with me. I don't want anything physical with someone I barely know." She put her hands on my shoulders and looked at me.

"Olivia, darling. Get over it and get your werewolf ass running before I start kicking it. Its a party and frankly you need several rounds in bed. Especially if it's a guy that you're attracted to. So go. NOW!" She growled. I stood up, I was a little unsteady at first but stabled myself. I should of eaten today.

"Okay, I'm going." I started walking away.

"Hey, if he's as drunk it won't be that hard. Just go and get some. Might not have to talk at all. Good luck." I glared at her. I don't know if I should hate her sometimes. 

I walked through the crowds looking for Kane to see if he stuck around. I barely got his scent with our short encounter, it was around but faint. So he had to be here somewhere, or at least nearby. The wind wasn't helping since it was blowing everywhere. I looked around, I didn't see him anywhere. Did he already leave? I felt my chest tighten. He had to still be around here. Must be making sure no one does anything accountable on their land. I walked towards the lake. Maybe he was around there, it was part of his father's territory. People were swimming. One could hope.

I walked along the lake, the water to my left and the woods to my right. The scent was slightly stronger but only slightly. I stopped and shook my head. What was I doing!? I'm trying to find a guy that I have no clue who he is. He just happens to smell good and probably just wants to get in my pants, it's not the first time it's happened. This was ridiculous, I just needed to clear my head of this then I'll be fine.

I walked further and further away from the party until I was on the other side of the lake. The air smelled better over here. Fresher, not filled with the smell of alcohol, sweat, vomit, and ash. I looked at the water, it was sleek and reflected the half moon. A swim will help me relax and cool off. I kicked off my shoes then pulled off my shirt and shorts. I walked into the water but it was slow, the water was cold. Thank goddess. I dove under.