Chapter 7 part 2

Alice Pov

 I walked back into the kitchen after washing of all the blood. It still felt like it was still on me. I couldn't get the feeling to go away. I knew something was wrong, I just didn't think it would be this bad. I walked in and I heard that Olivia was awake.  "You have his eyes." My heart stopped. She passed out. That's why she's been protecting him, why she's gone through all this trouble for him. 

"What do you mean?" John whispered. 

"Tommy." He jumped and looked back at me. 

"What?"

"Tommy had blue eyes too. Now that she mentions it, you do have eyes similar to his."

"Who's Tommy?" He backed up from her.

"Her brother." He looked at Olivia. 

"Where is he?"

"Dead." I saw him tense up a little. 

"What do you mean dead? How?" I bit my lip. 

"Its not really my place to tell. But if you stay here long enough you're going to find out about him sooner or later." I took in a shaky breath. It was hard for anyone to talk about this, harder for me, Kane, and especially Olivia. I helped prepare his body for the funeral. "If you really want to know you can't talk to anyone about it. Don't even breath of it to Kane or Olivia." He nodded. "When someone comes to relieve you come to my room. I'll tell you there." He nodded again and I left. I went up to my room and shut the door. I stood there for a moment thinking.

 I was the one that had to go through Olivia's memory to see what had happened because she wouldn't say anything to anyone. She was basically drugged and unresponsive. At the time we only knew that Tommy was killed and everyone there was dead. The hell that Olivia went through was just torture. John had the right to know why she was doing what she was doing, because she saw her brother in him. Through the way he acts and his eyes.  I'm surprised she hasn't told anyone why she's doing this. Not even her mate knew.  But it does explain everything. 

*****

John's Pov

After Alice left I stayed by Olivia's side until Kane came back. I stood and he looked at me. "Thank you." He sat in the chair and stared at her. He didn't move, he didn't make a sound. His body nor his face showed what he was feeling.  I couldn't imagine how he was feeling, not even close. 

I got up and walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to Alice's room. I hesitated before knocking.  "Come in." I opened the door and saw her on her bed with a picture frame in her hands. I shut the door behind me and sat on the bed beside her. I looked at the picture in the frame. I saw Kane holding Olivia under a tree. Beside her was a guy with dark hair like her's but blue eyes. On the other side of Olivia was Alice, and beside her was Drake. Everyone was smiling.

"That's Tommy. This was taken a week before it happened. Back then Olivia was more laid back, looser. So was Kane, but once it happened it changed all of us. Tommy was always making jokes, he could brighten Olivia's mood in a second. He got along with everyone." She touched the picture and I saw her eyes start to tear up. "He was the type of guy that could listen to you ramble for hours." She tears started falling down her face.  

"Were you two together?" She nodded.

"We started dating that day. He asked me out after pushing me into the lake." She set the picture down on the table by the bed. She clutched the pillow that the picture was resting on. "....Olivia blames herself for him being killed. She thinks its her fault, because she wasn't strong enough or fast enough." She looked far off. I didn't know what to do. How do you comfort a crying wolf shifter?

I shifted uncomfortably. "What happened?" She bit her lip. 

"Tommy went out on patrol that night, Olivia was working in the office when she felt something was wrong. Because they were twins they had a direct link to each other and she knew he was in trouble. She told me she was going to find him and she'd be back before Kane got home. She went to where he was patrolling... it was an ambush. They had him so she did what they wanted. They tortured them everyday. They wanted Kane and information, but both of them refused. They tortured one then the other, making them watch. But they didn't break. They shot his knee because of it." She sniffled and wiped her eyes.  She paused for a moment. 

"Her love for Kane wouldn't make her break. He's the Alpha and the need to protect the Alpha is powerful. A pack member wouldn't tell, no matter the cost. It was greater for her since she's his mate.... They were tortured for weeks before we got a lead to where they were." She clutched the pillow. "They figured out who they were and about their bond and thought if they break it, it would make one of them snap. They put a gun to Olivia's head. They threatened to kill her if he didn't give Kane up. He wouldn't, he knew that Olivia would die for her mate and she would die for both of them." She took a shaky breath. 

"He wouldn't talk. Because Olivia was a female they thought she was going to break before he did if they ever did. They threatened to kill Tommy. They shot him in the head in front of her. They left them alone, leaving his body  just out of her reach. They felt each other's pain through the bond and when they killed him she felt it. The bond was broken. But she got out somehow." 

"When we found them......whatever they did to her....we don't know. Just her wounds showed signs of torture. She was laying by his body. We had the funeral soon after. Olivia wouldn't leave the ceremony grounds until Kane dragged her off." She looked at me. "Breaking a bond like that so suddenly does damage. Something like that can never be recovered. Its never been the same since then."

She buried her face into the pillow. I hesitated before wrapping my arms around her and holding her as she cried.