Chapter 4 part 2

We were eating breakfast in silence. Drake would look at John every now and then toward Kane and me. Kane just ate. Drake broke the awkward silence. "So....are we still having the party tonight?" I froze. 

"What party?" I looked at him. 

"The annual Fall BBQ." I let out a breath and leaned back in my seat, rubbing my face. Kane looked at me.

"Your call babe, if you don't want to do it tonight then we can reschedule it for another week." I shook my head.

"No, we've rescheduled it twice already and the pack needs a time to get together, aside from meetings. Something fun that we can all do. We cancel and your parents will get involved, mainly your mother." Kane nodded as I ran my hand through my hair. We've been trying to have this party for months and something always keeps on pushing it back. 

"Alright, Drake and I'll head to the butchers. Caleb and a few others can collect wood. I'll have some of the guys set up chairs and tables outside. " Kane said after wiping his mouth with a napkin. 

"Oh and Alice is going to be here soon to help you with other preparations." Drake said. I nodded and then looked at John.

"John can help set up outside." Kane looked at John, he didn't look happy at all. I looked at Drake and then motioned to John with my eyes. He sighed and looked at John. 

"You like baseball?" John looked at Drake and then at his plate. 

"Yeah." Drake cut his meat. 

"You like the Tornados?" John scoffed and shook his head. 

"Cougars all the way." Drake laughed and pointed his fork at John. 

"So you're for those sissy momma boy guys." They started talking about baseball and even Kane joined in on it. They started talking about games and I completely lost interest. What was even the point of baseball, it wasn't fun to watch at all. 

 I rolled my eyes and stood, walking towards the sink to start cleaning up. I heard the door open. "OLIVIA!" I turned and saw a woman with short dark red hair and silver eyes right before she slammed into me, giving me a hug.

"Alice!" I breathed. She pulled back and looked me up and down She was wearing black jeans, tan boots, dark blue tank top and black vest. She had a confused look on her face. I watched her nose wiggle and she grimaced a little. She glanced behind me and saw John who was staring at her. 

"So what's that doing here?" I let out a breath.

"Protection, someone's trying to kill him." She gave me a pity look. 

"Another charity case." I rolled my eyes. "So whats been chasing him?"

"Demons." She nodded. 

"And why haven't you tossed him back yet?" I rubbed my eyes. 

"Cause I don't want his parents coming into his room seeing his throat ripped out. Then there be a hunt for someone ripping out kids throats. My territory, my problem."  She tsked and shook her head. 

"You need to stop picking up strays." She looked at me and then to my stomach. "So, anything?" I shook my head lightly causing her to groan. "Come on! I thought for sure you would be having a pup soon. With Kane as your mate I'm surprised you can even walk." I glared at her and felt my cheeks heating up. 

"Alice." I growled her name slightly she held up her hands. 

"What, my brother loves you. Every time I see you guys you're either making out or having sex. This is one of the few times I haven't seen you and Kane going at it. He can't keep his hands off you." Kane shook his head, running a hand over his face. Kane was the alpha but with his sister he had no control. He could make her obey if he wanted to but he didn't like forcing her into submission.

"Alice." I put my hands on her shoulders. "When Kane and I decided to have a pup you'll be the one of the first to know." She sighed and her shoulders dropped. 

"I just....never mind." Kane groan hitting his head on the table. 

"Your worse than our mother Alice." He mumbled and she smiled.

"Its an easy way to make you both loose your stuck up I'm an alpha mode." She looked at Drake and waved. "Hey Drake." He nodded.

"Alice." She went to the table and looked at John. He looked at her wearily.

"What are you doing?" She was staring into his eyes.

"Reading you." She got a little closer.  John looked at me and I shrugged.

"Its an Alice thing. She's weird." She studied him. 

Alice is strange. Always has been from what Kane has said. Always reading people and trying to figure them out. She says she sees things when she reads someone. No one really understands it, and she doesn't talk about it. Maybe it's a way to freak everyone out to get them to back off. She kept watching him and he looked at me. 

"Alright Alice, let the pup be. We got work to do. We don't have long."

~O~

It was dark and everyone was finishing up eating. Kids were playing with bubbles around their own fire. I was currently playing with pups in my wolf form. They were petting my fur and playing with my ears and tail. Some tried to climb on my back for rides. At some point they all charged at me and knocked me over, dog piling on me. "Alright, alright let the wolf up." I heard Kane say. The kids groaned causing  him to chuckle. "Alice is serving ice cream, go before it's melted." They all got off of me and ran to the table Alice was at.  I shifted back and Kane was smiling down at me. "Want to come and join the adults now?" I looked around and shrugged.

"I don't know, I like hanging with the kids. No pressure and ice cream from Alice seems really good right now. I don't see the upside of being with the adults and I don't think I'm ready to adult again." He chuckled and held out his hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. 

"You choose every opportunity to act five." He held my waist and I sighed. 

"Well, being five is a lot of fun."

"Well maybe later tonight I can show you a lot of fun that only adults do." I leaned back in his arms. 

"Very tempting, but you still gotta persuade me." I pulled out of his hold and went towards the fire all the adults were at. I looked around to the other fires to see what they were doing. 

At one of the fires where some of the kids. John was there as well with one of our previous alpha's. He was telling them legends. Noah was there too, making the fire illustrate the story. Noah was a wolf, warlock hybrid and he could bend fire at his will. John and all the kids look amazed. 

I went to the main fire and sat down in the low chair. Kane soon appeared and grabbed my hand. He pulled me up and sat down and put me into his lap. I laid against him and closed my eyes, enjoying the warmth from the fire. "Don't fall asleep on me." I looked up at him. 

"No promises." He kissed my head and wrapped his arms around me. 

We sat there for a while and eventually John came over and sat down by himself. Alice sat by him and started a conversation.  I was tired. "I'm not going to last much longer?" He rubbed my arms. 

"Wanna head in?" I gave a slight nod and he stood up with me in his arms making me grab onto him. "We're turning in for the night, goodnight." He announced and walked towards the house carrying me bridal style.  We got in the house before I said anything. 

"What are you doing?"  

"I'm just going to tuck you in." 

"Tuck me in my ass." I scoffed. We got into the house and he carried me upstairs. He pushed the door open with his shoulder and kicked it shut. He laid me on the bed and took off my shoes. He kicked his off and  crawled in next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head above mine. 

"I love you." He muttered. He kissed me again and we laid there cuddling until we drifted off.