Chapter 28

Lyon lead me into another passage from the library. He opened the steel door and pushed it opened. He went in and kept hold of my hand. "Watch your step." I stepped down and he shut the door. I looked around and saw a cave like area. The rocks were black and sparkled, little lights floated around, there was some moss and other plants growing on the ground too. A cluster of light was at the top of the cave, resembling the light from the moon. It was beautiful. He opened a container by the door and pulled out some black cloth. He held it out to me. "Put this on." I took the cloth and unfolded it, looking at the small pieces of clothing. 

"Really?" He stood up. 

"It'll fit fine, just put it on. I won't look." He walked a little bit away before going being some large rocks. I sighed and looked at the clothing. I pulled off the cloths that I had on and put on the "swim wear". It actually fit well, it was skin tight but it covered everything that needed to be covered. It also covered the center of my torso and back. I set my clothes on the crate and then went around to where Lyon went. He was in his own swim trunk and I raised a brow. "Took you long enough." He pushed off the rocks and looked me up and down. "That suit looks good on you." I looked down to his skin tight shorts. 

"Like wise." He rolled his eyes. 

"They're thermal, its too keep your body temperature regulated." I nodded. 

"Un hu," I narrowed my eyes at him. "And why is it that you only have shorts and nothing for your torso?" He smiled. 

"I'm use to it. Come on." He grabbed my hand and lead me further into the cave. We came to a pool and I saw something laying beside it. It had fur and scales. He stopped and looked at me. "Wait here, don't move until I say so. He doesn't like strangers." I stood there and he walked over to the creature. He whistled lightly and the creature lifted its head and looked at us. It looked like it had a lion's face. He bowed a little and the creature bowed its head. He turned and looked at me. "Take a few steps forward until you see him getting tense." The creature was watching me with its golden eyes, it had green flecks inside those pools of gold. 

I slowly took a few steps, he stood up and growled. I stopped and it watched me, he growled and showed his teeth. Lyon watched the creature as it moved towards me. I didn't look away from the thing as it approached. It stopped a few feet from me and lowered to the ground, I staid put and kept staring into its eyes. I took a step and it roared a little. "Easy." Lyon whispered. The creature jumped at me. I gasped as it jumped onto me and pinned me to the ground. It growled above me, then it licked my face. I turned my face and groaned. 

"Eh, lion's breath." I grumbled. I put my hands in its thick mane and pushed it off me. I sat up and rubbed behind it's ear. "What is he?" He came over and rubbed his head. 

"Sea Lion, Merlion, the humans have several names for them. But we call him a Leocamp." I nodded. 

"Seems suitable for this big boy. What's his name?" 

"Leo." I chuckled. 

"You and lions, just  because you're a lion doesn't mean you have to have everything  lion related.  You're kind of obsessed." He scoffed and stood up. 

"One, I'm a lion shifter. Two, lions are amazing beautiful creatures. They can also kick major ass." I ruffled Leo's fur and looked at him. 

"I'll give you one thing, he is adorable." I buried my face in the mane and it purred a little. 

"Like me?" I scoffed and stood up, looking at him. 

"No, you're not that adorable." He rolled his eyes  and I ruffled his hair. "You're cute though." He swatted my hand away lightly.