Chapter 8

John Pov

I woke up feeling my arms around something. I looked and saw Alice asleep with her head resting on my arm. I looked around and saw that I was still in her room. I must of fallen asleep. I needed to leave, I knew if Kane saw me in here he will literally beat the shit out of me.

I carefully moved her head off me and onto a pillow. She just moved a little but stayed asleep. I stood and stretched. I looked at the clock and saw it was about three in the morning. I grabbed the blanket at the end of the bed and draped it over her. 

I left the room and stopped hearing movement in the kitchen. I walked in and saw Drake there cleaning the table where Olivia was. "Where is she?" Drake looked up at me then back at the table and continued cleaning it.

"We moved her, not everyone in the pack needs to see their Alpha like this. Everyone is worried enough, they don't need to see how bad it actually is. And people still eat on this table." I walked to the table.

"Need any help?"

"Nah, I got it. I'm almost done anyway. What happened to you when Kane came back? You just disappeared."

"I was talking with Alice." No need to lie to Drake, I had no reason to. He looked at me with a raised brow.

"Until three in the morning?" I shrugged.

"We fell asleep." Drake nodded.

"What were you two talking about." I shifted uncomfortably. I shrugged rubbing my arm.

"Just talking." Drake looked at me and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I heard her crying John."  I sighed and rubbed my arm. Since when did I become such a wimp? I was actually afraid of the guy. 

"We were talking about what happened to Tommy." Drake eyes hardened.

"Why?" I had to look away. The look he was giving me was making me more uncomfortable.

"Olivia woke up and before she fell asleep she said something about him. I was confused and Alice told me what happened to him and she started crying." He looked at the table. 

"His death was hard on all of us. Mostly on Olivia. Its hard loosing a member of the pack. Everyone is bonded by the pack bond, when something is wrong or someone dies everyone feels it. Its fainter for us then the alpha's. The alpha's have direct links to us, so when he died Kane and Olivia felt it. Our Luna is strong, she pulled through that. She'll pull through this. She always does..." He tossed the rag on the table and grabbed a white spray bottle off the floor. 

" You should get some rest, tomorrow is going to be a hard day for everyone here." I nodded. I left the kitchen and went to my room. I leaned against the closed door and slid down to sit on the floor. What the hell am I going to do?

*****

Olivia Pov

I woke up feeling someone beside me. I felt that person nuzzle my neck. I opened my eyes and saw black hair. I put my hand in the hair and he raised his head. I was met with amber eyes. The blurry image looked like Kane. I smiled lightly. "Hey." He smiled back at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked brushing some hair out of my face.

"Holey." He chuckled.

"At least you're still in one peace." I nodded closing my eyes. If he really thought he was going to trick me this time around he had another thing coming. Just because Im in pain and can't see completely doesn't mean I don't know its him. He leaned down and once I felt his breath fan over my face I smacked him and kicked him off the bed.