Chapter 15

I laid there with Olivia on top of me and a death grip on my throat. Her eyes were amber and full of anger. She was growling and I was afraid she was going to kill me. All of a sudden she was pulled off me. I looked and saw Kane holding her back. Her back was pinned to his chest and she was still growling and glaring at me. Drake helped me up and stood between me and Olivia. Kane was whispering something in her ear. Drake looked at me. "I think it's time for you to go back to your room John." I nodded. I walked towards the door, not taking my eyes off of Olivia and she not taking her eyes off me. Drake moved with me until we were both out the door. He shut it and turned to me. "You alright." I nodded. "You should get some sleep."

"Yeah." I turned and went into my room. I laid down and starred at the ceiling. Thinking about the pain I felt when Tommy died and with all the tortures. It would traumatize everyone. She seems to have recovered from it, or it she hiding everything?

*****

I just came out of the shower and slipped on some shorts. I was rubbing the towel on my hair trying to dry it a little bit. I heard something move in the corner. I looked and saw Olivia there. She was in shorts with a royal blue top on. "Hey, can we talk?" I nodded. 

"Sure. What do you want to talk about." She shook her head. 

"Not here. Finish getting dress and meet me outside." 

"Okay." She nodded and left. I finished drying off and slipped on a red t shirt. I put on my shoes and went down stairs. Not a lot of people were up at the moment. I went out the front door and I saw Olivia leaning against the truck we drove here in. She pushed off. 

"Get in." She rounded the vehicle and got in the drivers seat. I got in the passenger seat and she started the truck. 

****

We drove in silence for about 45 minutes. We were on dirt roads. She finally stopped the truck and I looked out. All I saw were trees and a lake. She sighed and got out of the truck. She walked towards the lake and stood at the dock there. I got out and walked to the dock and stood beside her. The water was still and slick, reflecting the light off it. We stood there for a while in silence before she said anything. 

"I haven't been completely honest with you John." I looked at her and she looked at me. "The reason why I brought you here and protected you in the first place." I shook my head. 

"I know, because I remind you of your brother." She shook her head. 

"I should of told you the truth from the beginning but you didn't understand us at all. You were just thrown into it. I shouldn't have brought you into this." I shrugged. 

"Human life is boring." She shook her head. 

"It might be boring but it's safer than a life with us. Wolves have problems with there temper, there are some always looking for power." 

"Humans are pretty similar to you guys. Just you guys are stronger, faster, and having weird powers." She shook her head. 

"There are similarities. Many things makes us different. Wolves and shifters were said to be the first ones here. Not man, they are just those who have lost their powers and ancient blood. So they live and die. We live for hundreds of years. Sometimes that's not always a good thing." She looked back at the water. "I brought you here because I realized that you were part wolf from the beginning." I looked at her confused. "Your family might be human but you're not. You have a part of Tommy's soul in you. With that you gain a wolf. Some of our dead ones can be brought back partly but reborn in someone completely ordinary. They either shift and become one of us as well or just live a normal human life."

"Will I get a wolf?" She sighed. 

"Maybe, you have the soul of one. There are ways for someone to become a wolf. All can cause you to die, not every body can handle the change." A part of me wanted to be a wolf. To be one of them. 

"Would you change me?" She sighed. 

"No. Forcing a change isn't high in survival." She looked at me. "I'm sorry about last night." She looked down. This is really the first time I've seen her guard down this much. "Remembering that it's hard, especially if it goes as far as when I..............lost control. Sometimes I wake up feeling that anger. I've attacked Kane on accident when he wakes me from that dream and its at that part." She looked at me. "What did you do last night. I felt you there. How did you enter my dream?" 

"I don't know. I touched you and my hand glowed and I was there." She nodded. She looked at the water again. It seems like something was troubling her. "Are you okay?" She nodded. 

"I'm fine. Just thinking. Tommy and I came here a lot after I mated Kane. We came here to talk or think. Its beautiful during spring. We came here a week before we were taken. It was Kane, Tommy, Alice and I. We had gone swimming and had a picnic here. Kind of a inner family outing. Tommy and Alice were dating. It was the last thing we all did together." I looked at the dock.

"Did Argos really kill your parents?" She sighed. 

"No telling. There are records of them having two children. Nothing about age or gender. Only the dead can answer that question now." She turned. "We should go, I'm having a phone conference in a few hours." I nodded and we went back to the car. I got in and looked back at the lake. I saw Tommy standing on the dock starring at me. I looked at Olivia and back and he was gone. I rubbed my eyes and looked at where he was again. Nothing. 

I sighed and followed Olivia back to the truck.